What's Your Degree in?

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
B.S. Health Information Management

Thinking I might use it to get into Medical Coding where a nikka can either work from home or do freelance medical billing/coding and do other shyt I want on the side.

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
No degree, about 1 year of Community college work put in. As a kid, I thought going into debt for a degree was retarded when I could just embellish my ass off and gain actual experience. Huge gamble, lots of failed interviews, but eventually I came into a groove, tightened up my mouthpiece and cracked 70k without it. As always, the quote " look at what everyone else is doing and do the opposite." served me well.
What did you study in community college

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
Education

Teaching is a solid gig, and I feel like I have made a positive difference in kids' lives. However, with that being said, the system makes it almost impossible for you to actually teach, and my biggest gifts are in making music. I've gone back to doing that every day when I come home. Album coming soon.
Where you from? What grade? I'm looking to maybe teach, but I heard its harder than it sounds and the summer vacation isn't as easy going as it is.

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Where you from? What grade? I'm looking to maybe teach, but I heard its harder than it sounds and the summer vacation isn't as easy going as it is.

I teach 6th grade Social Studies in CT, and have also taught in PA.

Teaching is much harder than it looks from the outside, but that's all because of systemic issues across all districts. Everything is about data and testing...I mean EVERYTHING. I'm a very creative person, and would have these kids flying if I were allowed some autonomy to actually teach. There are countless benchmark tests, and even more worthless meetings about the testing data. We have to crunch the numbers ourselves, and analyze the data. Children have become nothing more than data points on a spreadsheet. We as teachers have become data analysts, in addition to all the other responsibilities of a teacher. It's such an added stressor on top of lesson planning, grading, parent communication, and classroom management. I'm not saying don't get into teaching. What I am saying is just know what you're getting into. The two months off in the summer are great, and almost make all the bullshyt worth it. However, the 10 months of extreme stress for low pay is excruciating.

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
I teach 6th grade Social Studies in CT, and have also taught in PA.

Teaching is much harder than it looks from the outside, but that's all because of systemic issues across all districts. Everything is about data and testing...I mean EVERYTHING. I'm a very creative person, and would have these kids flying if I were allowed some autonomy to actually teach. There are countless benchmark tests, and even more worthless meetings about the testing data. We have to crunch the numbers ourselves, and analyze the data. Children have become nothing more than data points on a spreadsheet. We as teachers have become data analysts, in addition to all the other responsibilities of a teacher. It's such an added stressor on top of lesson planning, grading, parent communication, and classroom management. I'm not saying don't get into teaching. What I am saying is just know what you're getting into. The two months off in the summer are great, and almost make all the bullshyt worth it. However, the 10 months of extreme stress for low pay is excruciating.
thatr sounds good man, do you like what you do and hows the pay in your area? is it sufficient enough?

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. Class of 2012. Still looking for the first job. I'm thinking of going back to school but I don't know what for. I'm doing a lot of Software Engineering stuff on my own. I still need to get some projects on my GitHub and stop messing around and finish my Free Code Camp projects.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Economics and Philosophy- def one of the hardest lib arts majors, wrote a senior sem paper on the implications of then ACA from a moral and economic perspectives (free rider, reqs of docs to treat patients no matter the cost).

Last edited: