When Will Acknowledge How Much Lasting Damage Meek Mill Really Did?

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Meek lost but succeeded in damaging Drakes legacy. Giving Drake a battle scar doesn't mean he won, scars heal but the mark remains.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Imagine if we didn't know about Drake's ghostwriters.

He would be considered the greatest rapper of our time, an undeniably multi-talented legend.

Meek won.

to the idiotic, yes. But to anyone with a brain, that was never going to be the case.

I'm still confused as to how/why y'all thought Drake was Mount Rushmore rap. He came into the game off a tween fanbase. Singing, freestyling off his Blackberry. And y'all really thought he wrote every rhyme :bryan:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Meek destroyed a generation of collaborations and good music. He divided the game in many ways what he did hurt hip-hop more than it helped...

dondraper

Banned
Daps
Meek destroyed a generation of collaborations and good music. He divided the game in many ways what he did hurt hip-hop more than it helped...

Competition is in the essence of hip hop, all that patting each other on the back and being buddy buddy is lame as fukk. Same reason the NBA is so lame now with the super teams. The nikkas at the top supposed to go at it, steal sharpens steel.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Competition is in the essence of hip hop, all that patting each other on the back and being buddy buddy is lame as fukk. Same reason the NBA is so lame now with the super teams. The nikkas the top supposed to go at it, steal sharpens steel.
NBA analogy is horrible because there has always been "super teams" but that's another debate...

Even when it was "buddy buddy" you still had competition because dudes would argue over who had the best verse in the tracks they collaborated on and people who still argue who they liked more.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
All Meek did was tweet some shyt. His music did nothing, its not even a hip hop accomplishment. He just leaked some gossip.

Drake wouldn't swap his legacy with Meek Mill.

Drake legacy will be unique. Drake was never liked by purists by the way. Mount Rushmore my ass :pachaha:

Feed-Me

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Competition is in the essence of hip hop, all that patting each other on the back and being buddy buddy is lame as fukk. Same reason the NBA is so lame now with the super teams. The nikkas at the top supposed to go at it, steal sharpens steel.

Never got why people were mad at 50 for never pretending to be friends with other nikkas. When he came in on his "well before i was famous you didn't fukk with me so why would I fukk with you now" tip and join that whole YMCB/Khaled/MMG lets be friends/we are the world clique. Nikkas were mad

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Time a' tell...

Remember how the racist tapes should have ruined Eminem forever? But he was protected by big business and $$$, and the media basically left it alone...Imagine that?

Kinda seems like the same thing is happening for Drake. A small, irrelevant group of people are furious and will never let it go, but money talks, and Drake is still here. All the money and endorsements that have been pumped into him, the potential for revenue etc...think they're gonna let some "rap shyt" get in the way??

I do think it'll tarnish his legacy when its all said and done, but then again, anyone putting Drake in a Top 10 is :heh: to me anyways