When you expecting nothing from people, is that the key to winning in life?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Not low or high or even dethatched really. The real power is in neutrality.

The only thing bad about expectation is that it takes you out of the moment. You're either fixating on an future outcome or watching for past patterns to repeat themselves.

This is not to say to never expect, or intend outcomes..but once you do, let go. Come back to a neutral point of awareness and actually experience life as it is in the present.

There is a technique called the Hakalau that can be useful to help connect (not detatch) you to the present moment, in relationships and life in general.

Last edited:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Correct,

Learned this late last year when I was perusing through a myriad of self-help vids on the 'Tubes.

One of the single greatest pieces of information i've ever received.

I'll certainly tell my chul'ren this adage when/if they come into this worlds.

But i live by this creed and apply it when friends, family... and other shiit that's out of my control, disappoint me, i'm like, "FUKK IT! What can I do?!?"

Now i'm the king of detachment.

But i used to be this fukkin' guy though, smh. LOL

:ohlawd:

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
This almost approximates Buddhism (detachment from a specific result/outcome) but to an extent it works. I don’t think it’s realistic however.

From other people? Yes mine are generally low-but people also get weird when you treat them like you have low expectations of them so eh.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Many things have failed because one person either expected themselves from someone who wasn't them, or heaping expectations on people without knowing if they could meet them.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
yes. i learned this about 11 years ago getting arrested for some weak ass traffic ticket i forgot i had and it turned into a warrant. Had some friends and family acting like they couldn't bail me out over some basic ass ticket that was like $130. Learned i was out here by myself, while i was part of other people's support system. The shyt was so small the skype judge let me out the same day with time served. But what a lesson to learn. All them "teamwork make the dreamwork" ass nikkas and "blood thicker than water" ass nikkas don't be about shyt. :francis:

Started operating like i was by myself and haven't looked back since. Matter of fact, that one little day make me go back and remember all the times was let down or people didn't support me and i was on some naive ass "maybe they just busy" type of shyt.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
World always been this way. Most of not all people are truly about themselves, so you really can’t expect much. If anything, this past year and a half should have shown you what it really was. Again, not to make this pandemic related, but if it’s one good thing we should have learned, it’s preservation of self