Where does Pac man rank all time for u

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cotto, DE LA Hoya, and Barrera are Marciano level and if Rocky is not legit, why make a big deal about Floyd passing him up?
Well, he holds a record... in a way. It really shouldn't be made that big of a deal when you consider the fact other fighters won more fights in a row than he did, and more without a loss, it's just he finished his career without losing, which Mayweather would presumably do afterwards.

Nobody says Marciano isn't "legit", but nobody has Marciano anywhere in their conversation of GOAT heavyweights. And his competition isn't favorable comparable to Pac's. But there always is that :mjpls: factor as well.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@R=G waves done took more L's than a muhfukka

What is this :scusthov: picture?

Breh needs a cut, a better hairbrush, and to learn how to properly brush the waves in...asap:wow:

adrien-broner-gif-o.gif

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
What is this :scusthov: picture?

Breh needs a cut, a better hairbrush, and to learn how to properly brush the waves in...asap:wow:

adrien-broner-gif-o.gif

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

Not me but they always wanted it to be me. One of my dummy accounts under my original DiMera guise. My hair is cut super low..lol.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Well, he holds a record... in a way. It really shouldn't be made that big of a deal when you consider the fact other fighters won more fights in a row than he did, and more without a loss, it's just he finished his career without losing, which Mayweather would presumably do afterwards.

Nobody says Marciano isn't "legit", but nobody has Marciano anywhere in their conversation of GOAT heavyweights. And his competition isn't favorable comparable to Pac's. But there always is that :mjpls: factor as well.

Marciano is considered one of the greatest...except maybe on this site. Not sure where you got that idea or even allowed it to develop in your head. Hopkins is supposed to be ranked higher than Rocky Marciano? Lol. shyt sounds buck wild. Because everyone here gives Hopkins props everyday and apparently have no respect for how hard it is to be undefeated in the heavyweight game year after year.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Going undefeated is easy? Rocky is now not credible? Yikes...

Yes, going undefeated is easy WHEN YOURE CAREFULLY SELECTING YOUR OPPONENTS OR THE LEVEL OF COMPETITION IS WEAK IN YOUR DIVISION/ERA.

And I never said Marciano wasn't a credible champ.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yes, going undefeated is easy WHEN YOURE CAREFULLY SELECTING YOUR OPPONENTS OR THE LEVEL OF COMPETITION IS WEAK IN YOUR DIVISION/ERA.

And I never said Marciano wasn't a credible champ.
When it comes to Liam Smith? True. That's a joke undefeated champion. He came back and was tested throughout his career. He beat up a old Joe Louis and of course he would of got slaughtered by Foreman and Ali but that's common sense. He did what he was SUPPOSED to do for his time and that was keep winning and going out a winner.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
When it comes to Liam Smith? True. That's a joke undefeated champion. He came back and was tested throughout his career. He beat up a old Joe Louis and of course he would of got slaughtered by Foreman and Ali but that's common sense. He did what he was SUPPOSED to do for his time and that was keep winning and going out a winner.

I agree, he did but Marciano had a well planned career, great match ups, avoided fleet footed black fighters and beat a handful of past their prime heavyweights and retired before the likes of Floyd Patterson came onto the scene but all his opponents were either retired, coming back to make money (Taxes) as in 37 year old Joe Louis who was a shell of himself. 38 year old veteran champ, Jersey "Joe" Walcott. Light heavy practically, Ezzard Charles, were the only really viable opponents for Marciano. He only had 6 title defenses against this crop of old, has beens, IMO. Truth is he was a big puncher with great stamina and a pretty decent chin, his chin was not ironclad as some would have you believe, he was rocked and floored by fairly light punchers. He was out boxed on several occasions but his tenacity kept him coming forward and swinging until the legs of his older opponents ran dry and get got their chin. He was the best of his time but it was pretty lack luster time, like the run of Tyson in the 80's, good fighters not great fighters, part time boxers and tough men. The greats there were around were past their primes. Marciano was fun to watch, great guy but vastly over exaggerated. He avoided Patterson, Ali, Nino Valdez, Liston.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I agree, he did but Marciano had a well planned career, great match ups, avoided fleet footed black fighters and beat a handful of past their prime heavyweights and retired before the likes of Floyd Patterson came onto the scene but all his opponents were either retired, coming back to make money (Taxes) as in 37 year old Joe Louis who was a shell of himself. 38 year old veteran champ, Jersey "Joe" Walcott. Light heavy practically, Ezzard Charles, were the only really viable opponents for Marciano. He only had 6 title defenses against this crop of old, has beens, IMO. Truth is he was a big puncher with great stamina and a pretty decent chin, his chin was not ironclad as some would have you believe, he was rocked and floored by fairly light punchers. He was out boxed on several occasions but his tenacity kept him coming forward and swinging until the legs of his older opponents ran dry and get got their chin. He was the best of his time but it was pretty lack luster time, like the run of Tyson in the 80's, good fighters not great fighters, part time boxers and tough men. The greats there were around were past their primes. Marciano was fun to watch, great guy but vastly over exaggerated. He avoided Patterson, Ali, Nino Valdez, Liston.
Sounds like Calzaghe but no matter what, he went out not taking that L and that will always be spinned into defending him. If it didn't matter or count, they wouldn't make it a big deal when it comes to Mayweather passing him up. Simple as that.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Sounds like Calzaghe but no matter what, he went out not taking that L and that will always be spinned into defending him. If it didn't matter or count, they wouldn't make it a big deal when it comes to Mayweather passing him up. Simple as that.

Youre right its a lot like Calzaghe. But youre getting closer to the truth bro- the 0 DOESNT matter but Mayweather and his handlers have tried and succeeded at making the 0 seem more important than it is. Historically, being undefeated was never an indicator of a fighters greatness. It just meant you haven't fought someone who could beat you. I think Marciano gets props for his record because hes a heavyweight and within the divisions history that was unprecedented. But notice that nobody mentions Marciano in the greatest heavyweights discussion or TBE...and I'm fairly certain the same will apply to Mayweather in the future. Although Mayweather beat Pacquiao, Pacquiao is still considered the greater fighter despite his losses. But for now, were still in the Mayweather era where being undefeated, no matter what you did to get there, is important. Hopefully as the sport moves on from him we care less for the Ls and more for the Ws.

Last edited: