Which city is the LA of the South: Houston or Atlanta?

Which city is the LA of the South: Houston or Atlanta?

• Atlanta

Votes: 47 69.1%
  • Houston

Votes: 21 30.9%

• Total voters

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Demographic-wise, Houston is similar to Los Angeles. It's also sprawling and notoriously smoggy and near the coast.

But Atlanta is practically the second or third biggest center of entertainment in the US and many Black people move there for the hopes of getting into the industry.

What does the Coli think?

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Houston is part of the west. The south only goes as far west as Louisiana.
if you border states like new Mexico and Oklahoma you basically in cowboy boot country. aint no swamps in texas and there aint' no cacti in the south.

lol im dyin picturin you in a liquor store parkin lot in Houston , tryna explain to some country nikkas why they "aint from the South" and "got no swamps"

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
if you border states like new Mexico and Oklahoma you basically in cowboy boot country. aint no swamps in texas and there aint' no cacti in the south.
There are swamps in Texas though.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Atlanta is the Atlanta of the south. GA is the empire state of the south. We don't need to be the new LA or NYC or whatever. We have a rich civil rights heritage thats unique to the dirty south that no other region can really compare to. GA in general is still pretty against the coastal elite style lifestyle of NY and CA, Atlanta being the obvious exception.

I don't mean to imply that we're perfect or Wakanda or any of that bullshyt but I'm just saying.:hubie:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
lol im dyin picturin you in a liquor store parkin lot in Houston , tryna explain to some country nikkas why they "aint from the South" and "got no swamps"
There are swamps in Texas though.
so where does the west end in your opinion? They way yall describe it sometimes you pretty much think the west in entirely comprised of California only.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I live in Southern Louisiana and mfs love them some cowboy boots and trail riding :lupe:

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I feel ya on the Cowboy boot part. I think when you start seeing alot of that shyt then you are in the west or south-west. That aint really southern in my eyes.

Basically you have the dirty south which is GA, SC, NC, LA, AB, FL, TN, MS. Maybe Kentucky and Arkansas too. All of those states are similar in culture, land/climate ,way of speaking, food, etc. TX is obviously geographically south but is far different in culture, terrain, etc.

I have heard that Houston is basically Louisiana though.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I feel ya on the Cowboy boot part. I think when you start seeing alot of that shyt then you are in the west or south-west. That aint really southern in my eyes.

Basically you have the dirty south which is GA, SC, NC, LA, AB, FL, TN, MS. Maybe Kentucky and Arkansas too. All of those states are similar in culture, land/climate ,way of speaking, food, etc. TX is obviously geographically south but is far different in culture, terrain, etc.

I have heard that Houston is basically Louisiana though.
Is South Florida Dirty too? I feel like it's more Caribbean/Northeast in general