Which MMA Fighters Could HAVE Made A SUCCESSFUL Transition To Boxing?

James Gordon

Superstar
Daps
Kimbo Slice three more wins he would been knockin at a title shot:troll:

Vitor Belfort had some bout if Im not mistaken:patrice:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Successful as in win fights? Cro Cop had amateur boxing fights. Yves Edwards won at least two pro matches. Nick Diaz won 1 pro. George Sotoricantspellhisname won 1. Chris Lytle and KJ Noons won a few and won a small time championship, I think. Arlovski got an amateur bout on youtube he won. Pos Aleks Emelianenko drawed. Anderson Silva won 1 or two. Chris Lozano has a win, I think. Joe Duffy is undefeated in boxing with a few. Stephan Bonnar was a Golden Gloves champ. So was Brendan Shaub. I think Nam Phan was Silver Gloves. I hear Conor McGregor and Mousasi were amateur boxing champs. Holly Holm was of course a world woman's boxing champ. Rakovcy (sp?) too. Eric Prindle and some other dude he fought had military boxing bouts. I hear Couture did too but I find that hard to believe. All off of the top of my head. Don't ask me how I remembered all of that sht :mjlol:

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Silva was a C class boxer at best from what I seen.

Jens Pulver had some fights. Don't know how far he wouldve gotten if he stepped up the competition

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure why, if you could achieve similar success in boxing that you could achieve in MMA, that you would choose to participate in MMA to be honest. The real money is in boxing (for successful fighters).

Of course, all of this depends on what is the base line definition for success.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Not sure why, if you could achieve similar success in boxing that you could achieve in MMA, that you would choose to participate in MMA to be honest. The real money is in boxing (for successful fighters).

Of course, all of this depends on what is the base line definition for success.

This. Take a pay cut to catch elbows n knees n shyt instead :usure:

Ol "I couldve been a doctor but I'd rather be a nurse ass nikkas"

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
I have a hard time seeing any MMA fighter finding success as a pro boxer. Boxing is just a different animal. It would very hard to compete with people who have been boxing their whole life. The gap between the best MMA strikers and successful pro boxers is too wide imo

Last edited:

Loop Ba$eCrawler

All Star
Daps
McGregor would probably do well. He was a boxing champ in Ireland before he switched to mma. That's probably why his ground game is terrible.