Daps
this thread was inspired by some exchanges in that Big sean thread

so which one to you was better.

Big Sean DSP

or J.cole FHD

Superstar
Daps
:patrice: That's tough.

1. DSP didn't hit me until I came back to it a couple months after, FHD was a smash first listen
2. Outside of a song or two and some corny punchlines however, DSP actually has a bit more lyrical depth than FHD
3. Still... DSP was a little too poppy while FHD was unapologetically hip hop and was sparse with trend-hopping shyt
4. But... that means DSP had more banguhz and production hits harder. Plus DSP's replay value is higher, I can still pick a couple songs off it and have an enjoyable listen meanwhile FHD got too played out and old real quick

So as much as I liked FHD I have to go with DSP. DSP also had a couple dope bonus tracks/free throwaways he released that I added to the actual album so that's a + as well

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
:patrice: That's tough.

1. DSP didn't hit me until I came back to it a couple months after, FHD was a smash first listen
2. Outside of a song or two and some corny punchlines however, DSP actually has a bit more lyrical depth than FHD
3. Still... DSP was a little too poppy while FHD was unapologetically hip hop and was sparse with trend-hopping shyt
4. But... that means DSP had more banguhz and production hits harder. Plus DSP's replay value is higher, I can still pick a couple songs off it and have an enjoyable listen meanwhile FHD got too played out and old real quick

So as much as I liked FHD I have to go with DSP. DSP also had a couple dope bonus tracks/free throwaways he released that I added to the actual album so that's a + as well
@NigerianDonDada. People starting to wake up and realize how dope the album was
:mjpls:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Thought mediocre Cole was gon win

But people woke up and realized which one was good

10-6 Sean:jawalrus:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gotta go with FHD. DSP was tooo poppy for me. I still can't make it all the way through that album but All Your Fault is the best produced song out of both albums