White Mob Chases Black Kid to his Death (With the Help of our Hispanic 'friends')

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
picture of his mom just broke me down........very sad story.

Notice that footage of the chase hasn''t been released by the police. There are security cams EVERYWHERE in NY, even on Staten Island. If cops are investigating, surely they've gathered local video footage....and should release it to find the suspects.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Notice that footage of the chase hasn''t been released by the police. There are security cams EVERYWHERE in NY, even on Staten Island. If cops are investigating, surely they've gathered local video footage....and should release it to find the suspects.
The article is from June 2016.

invalid

Banned
Daps

Yeah that picture of his mom hurt my heart. RIP to breh.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

yeah, as I said earlier when I first read the story, there are cameras EVERYWHERE in New York..

here's a later article from june 2016 which reveals what the cops were saying.

================
Police say Dayshen McKenzie's death was gang related, not hate crime

Updated on June 3, 2016 at 3:59 PM Posted on June 3, 2016 at 3:31 PM

NYPD speaks about death of Dayshen McKenzie NYPD's Chief of Detectives held a press conference at the 121 pct about death of Dayshen McKenzie last Friday.
0 shares
By Shane DiMaio

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Police believe the death of 16-year-old Dayshen McKenzie of South Beach, who died from an apparent asthma attack after being chased by a larger group of teens reportedly shouting racial epithets, was gang related and not a hate crime.

The NYPD's chief of detectives provided updates on their investigation at the 121st Precinct stationhouse in Graniteville Friday afternoon as a horde of media members listened in.

Live updates: NYPD to hold press conference on chase death

A witness said a group of white and Hispanic teens that were chasing McKenzie and his friends, who were black, were using the n-word.

"Our investigation has determined that this incident stemmed from a possible gang related dispute involving a pre-planned fight that which was to occur that same afternoon," said Chief of Detectives Robert K. Boyce during the press conference. "We have evidence, including video footage, that supports this was a scheduled street encounter between two rival groups."

"It has been determined preliminarily, that McKenzie died as a result of a pre-existing medical condition," he said. "There is no evidence, nor do we have any witnesses, indicating that it was assault."

Boyce declined to release any video or identities of the parties believed to be involved in the altercation, as the investigation is ongoing.

Police could not confirm that one of the teens had a gun at the encounter.

He added that around six people have already been interviewed in regard to the case. No charges have been filed at this time.

Boyce responded to reports that a witness said a group of white and Hispanic teens that were chasing McKenzie and his friends, who were black, were using the n-word.

"During the initial interviews, no one reported any racial- or biased-related comments," said Boyce.

"After early media reports said one witness reported hearing a racial epithet -- used at one point, to suggest this may have been a biased incident -- this witness has since changed her statement and states that she has been misquoted..."

Police said that same witness has provided "three different statements" to authorities so far.

Boyce added that police "are not considering this incident to be a hate crime at this point."

"However, as is our practice, we will have [NYPD] Hate Crimes units assist us going forward."

======================

I hope that somebody can update this story, but from what I was just able to google, there have been no arrests in this case and , of course, video hasn't been released.

When cops want to sway public opinion...surveillance footage is leaked (or not)

The part of the story about the kids meeting up for a "gang" fight, though. What? Like a rumble from Happy Days era? These young boys ain't fist fighting out here. Gang members are DEFINITELY not scheduling fights.
Doesn't add up.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
yeah, as I said earlier when I first read the story, there are cameras EVERYWHERE in New York..

here's a later article from june 2016 which reveals what the cops were saying.

================
Police say Dayshen McKenzie's death was gang related, not hate crime

Updated on June 3, 2016 at 3:59 PM Posted on June 3, 2016 at 3:31 PM

NYPD speaks about death of Dayshen McKenzie NYPD's Chief of Detectives held a press conference at the 121 pct about death of Dayshen McKenzie last Friday.
0 shares
By Shane DiMaio

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Police believe the death of 16-year-old Dayshen McKenzie of South Beach, who died from an apparent asthma attack after being chased by a larger group of teens reportedly shouting racial epithets, was gang related and not a hate crime.

The NYPD's chief of detectives provided updates on their investigation at the 121st Precinct stationhouse in Graniteville Friday afternoon as a horde of media members listened in.

Live updates: NYPD to hold press conference on chase death

A witness said a group of white and Hispanic teens that were chasing McKenzie and his friends, who were black, were using the n-word.

"Our investigation has determined that this incident stemmed from a possible gang related dispute involving a pre-planned fight that which was to occur that same afternoon," said Chief of Detectives Robert K. Boyce during the press conference. "We have evidence, including video footage, that supports this was a scheduled street encounter between two rival groups."

"It has been determined preliminarily, that McKenzie died as a result of a pre-existing medical condition," he said. "There is no evidence, nor do we have any witnesses, indicating that it was assault."

Boyce declined to release any video or identities of the parties believed to be involved in the altercation, as the investigation is ongoing.

Police could not confirm that one of the teens had a gun at the encounter.

He added that around six people have already been interviewed in regard to the case. No charges have been filed at this time.

Boyce responded to reports that a witness said a group of white and Hispanic teens that were chasing McKenzie and his friends, who were black, were using the n-word.

"During the initial interviews, no one reported any racial- or biased-related comments," said Boyce.

"After early media reports said one witness reported hearing a racial epithet -- used at one point, to suggest this may have been a biased incident -- this witness has since changed her statement and states that she has been misquoted..."

Police said that same witness has provided "three different statements" to authorities so far.

Boyce added that police "are not considering this incident to be a hate crime at this point."

"However, as is our practice, we will have [NYPD] Hate Crimes units assist us going forward."

======================

I hope that somebody can update this story, but from what I was just able to google, there have been no arrests in this case and , of course, video hasn't been released.

When cops want to sway public opinion...surveillance footage is leaked (or not)

The part of the story about the kids meeting up for a "gang" fight, though. What? Like a rumble from Happy Days era? These young boys ain't fist fighting out here. Gang members are DEFINITELY not scheduling fights.
Doesn't add up.

i hate all cops and cacs i swear