Who Are Your 5 Best Two Way Players of All Time (NBA)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Gotta go by position cause I have no clue how you can compare centers and point guards here.

PG: CP3
SG: Jordan
SF: LeBron
PF: Duncan
Center: Hakeem

Kawhi, Payton, KG, Kareem, Admiral, and Tony Allen all get honorable mention....honestly toss-up with CP3 and Payton, Payton is a significantly better defender while CP3 was far better on offense, same issue with Kawhi and LeBron (especially since both have very short peaks on one side of the ball).

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Gotta go by position cause I have no clue how you can compare centers and point guards here.

Kawhi, Payton, KG, Kareem, Admiral, and Tony Allen all get honorable mention....honestly toss-up with CP3 and Payton, Payton is a significantly better defender while CP3 was far better on offense, same issue with Kawhi and LeBron (especially since both have very short peaks on one side of the ball).

Tony Allen? You realize this is a thread about two way players.

Man was playing 25 minutes a game in the regular season and playoffs in his prime since he was such a bad offensive player. Kerr and the Warriors flatout ignored dude in the 2015 series like he wasn't there and Memphis had to drop his minutes since he was killing their offense even tho he was stifling Steph and Klay on defense

He is a one way player not a two way player

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Tony Allen? You realize this is a thread about two way players.

Man was playing 25 minutes a game in the regular season and playoffs in his prime since he was such a bad offensive player. Kerr and the Warriors flatout ignored dude in the 2015 series like he wasn't there and Memphis had to drop his minutes since he was killing their offense even tho he was stifling Steph and Klay on defense

He is a one way player not a two way player

Y'all can't catch a :troll: for shyt. Did you just give me a serious explanation as to why Tony Allen shouldn't be considered a two-way player? :russ:

He was playing hurt in 2015 though, don't come at me with that bullshyt, healthy TonGOAT would have played 40 minutes/game. :ufdup:

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Lebron ain't a 2 way player, and when he was, it was brief. Didn't have a 2 way player mentality.

Duncan was more of a defensive anchor than offensive anchor. He could score 15 & his team still won.

Pippen is an interesting case bc he like Mike, sacrificed scoring, playing in the triangle. He was scoring 20+, getting 7 dimes, while playing in a structured system.

killacal

Banned
Daps

That kobe hate :wow:

nikka said tony allen and cp3 are better 2 way players:laff:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm actually old enough to be your pops

Pippen wasn't no damn 2 way player when he's not even a top 70 scorer

Then stfu and keep your shytty opinions to yourself. Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant both have nothing but the highest of praise for Scottie Pippen. Once the two gawds bless you then you are a made man.

Scottie Pippen is Top 10 all-time.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjlol: LeBron over Pippen.

I know you a stan but even you gotta be embrassed by this.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That kobe hate :wow:

nikka said tony allen and cp3 are better 2 way players:laff:

This is how you know Kobe is better than LeBron. You never see Kobe stans (like me) being so insecure about LeBron and his greatness that I go out of my way to disrespect LeBron whenever I rank players. For example, just yesterday I ranked LeBron as the best SF of all-time ahead of Bird, Pippen, KD, and Dr. J. You also see me almost always rank LeBron in my Top 5 all-time whenever we rank players. If I was insecure about him being better than Kobe like these Bron stans are then you wouldn't see me giving him props like this all the time. Bron stans are so insecure about Kobe that they always go outta their way to disrespect him with slick shyt like this. That lets you know they don't actually believe Bron is better than Kobe. They just like Bron more so they lie to themselves. While you know I actually believe Kobe is better cause I never go out of my way to exclude Bron from his rightful standing in NBA history.

For the record, Kobe has 11 all-nba 1st team selections (which is 2nd all-time) AND 9 all-defense first team selections (tied for 1st all-time). He is the only player in NBA history with 20 combined 1st team All-NBA and 1st team All-Defense selections. One could easily make the argument he's the GOAT 2-way player based on accolades. To not include Kobe even in your honorable mentions for all-time 2-way players while ranking LeBron as the best at his position is as asinine as it gets. And it shows that you are disingenious and being nothing more than a stan.

When you go out of your way to always disrespect Kobe @Rhakim you are giving him the ultimate respect. Because when you never give a great like him his due it shows just how insecure you are about this. I'm 100% secure in my takes on Kobe and LeBron. Its why I have no problem giving Bron his props at all times. When you never give a great player his props it shows you are always being disingenuinous.

Last edited: