Who is the LUCKIEST Successful rapper ever?

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
Everybody has an ounce of luck, because even the talent needs to be spotted and have a bit of social media / marketing savy..

However who is really lucky!!!??
(And these guys are multi millionaires / billionaires)

Here is my list:

1, 50 cent.
Yes he was doing ok and wasn't a bad rapper, he also obviously has some business acumen. However 'In Da Club' was a gift from god. I remember DJ's played it back to back to back. This was the launch vehicle of all launch vehicles.
Honestly give any rapper in the top 200 that beat at the time and he would have a multi platinum album and then some. Let's be real also, nothing close has followed it. All the singles initially rode that wave.

2, Master P
Great business man, even better copy and paste expert.
Built an empire without one original concept outside of flood the market.
Some of those MC's and even the production team were woeful.

3, Birdman
The music quality was better than P's and all eyes were on the N.O at the time...
So Universal gave Cash Money a mega deal. But without Mannie Fresh, were those hot boys that talented? Not mega deal talented come on...

4, Joint - DJ Khaled / Puff Daddy.
The funny thing here is that Khaled isn't a bad DJ... but wow he jumps on the right waves at the right time and his team mastered the social media boom.
Puff I don't know man. He is a bit of a pump and dump expert. Not sure if he has the rhythm to go into a room and understand notes and instruments.

5, Nelly - Was he talented or was it his production team...
I saw freestyles where he could barely get his words out.
Not a great singer or rapper.
Sold tens of millions.

Bonus: Pras from the Fugees.
Hmm, he admitted he was lucky.
Never has a weak link in a super global group been so obvious,

Last edited:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Hammer. One song took him from mediocre regional rap nikka (who could dance) to international superstar, making tens of millions of dollars in the process.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Hammers stage shows were legendary.
But hmm I guess you've got a good one there.
True, but he wasn't packing arenas and doing all the extras for Let's Get It Started. He was wild low budget back then.

swerve

All Star
Daps
I see where OP comes from but he also shows lack of knowledge when saying 50s success was luck

Going from being industry blackballed what he became in 2 years is an amazing feat with a lot of hustling and hard work

Max Goonberg

Superstar
Daps
Nah they was playing 50 shot ya on the radio like it was a single. First time I ever heard mixtape songs on the radio. In da club was cool but he could've put out anything n it would've went. The buzz was that crazy. I was there n im talking bout ny. N he jus finished getting shot up and black balled while still waring wit nikkas in his hood. 50s luck stopped at surviving 9 shots keeping his voice and limbs in tact. Everything else was str8 hustle n being clever.

This thread is some hater shyt. Only way this list is valid is if u put str8 weed carriers or ig viral rappers. Nobody makes it that far as the nikkas u talking about wit out some type of grind involved.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
50 Cent :mjlol:

A guy who never drank or smoke made the biggest club song of all time :mjlol:

And he had Quik and Dre on the beat:blessed:

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Nah they was playing 50 shot ya on the radio like it was a single. First time I ever heard mixtape songs on the radio. In da club was cool but he could've put out anything n it would've went. The buzz was that crazy. I was there n im talking bout ny. N he jus finished getting shot up and black balled while still waring wit nikkas in his hood. 50s luck stopped at surviving 9 shots keeping his voice and limbs in tact. Everything else was str8 hustle n being clever.

This thread is some hater shyt. Only way this list is valid is if u put str8 weed carriers or ig viral rappers. Nobody makes it that far as the nikkas u talking about wit out some type of grind involved.

yeah, I know some folks from mississippi that were celebrating when 50 got signed. Dude buzz was huuuuuuuge. How To Rob had dude known everywhere almost. Had the biggest stars in rap giving him replies at summerjam.