Who remembers in the 90s to Early 00s when nikkas use to use Illegal Cable AKA Black Box

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wow:fukking hell we had a homie in the hood who sold the black boxes and bootleg CDs(back when an album could run you fukking $30+)
The cable box introduced me to Cartoon Network...them Space Ghost Coast to Coast late night sessions.
Are you afraid of the dark on Nick and Toy Story on PPV. Damn, Would catch some Clarissa Explains It All and Doug before going to school to eat a fukkton of
DSCN3074.JPG

"Ya'll can come over and play Madden 97 and watch TV, but I want your Salisbury steaks and your PB and J crackers":wow::mjcry:

Last edited:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
The free wrestling and boxing :blessed:

Watching The Matrix 20 times :whoo:

It was a wrap once they moved the PPV channels to triple-digits though haha

Zombi_Jeezus

Bad Hombre
Daps
Reppin
Wasted Talent
This thread made me realise I've had the hookup for a loong ass time. First free cable thanks to my uncle and his tall ass ladder, then the box which turned into the chip and now the internet. :win:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my uncle had one, we used to watch free PPV and all that...

meth68

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I went from black box to hacked DTV cards... who remember taking 2min to program a P4 card? Daaaamn those were the days, I could get $600 for 1 card per year, when ppl got zapped you just reflashed. Free everything... I miss them days man :mjcry:

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
Man, I remember them days. I didn't have a black box but my uncle did but he never let us look at it unless it was a wrestling PPV on or something. Other than that, he kept it in his bedroom. When I moved into my apartment I had the DTV cards that would get hit and then you got them reflashed. Man, that was the shyt. I still miss seeing the police chases on the California news channels, the endless PPV movies, PPV shows, and all of the XXX stations. :feedme:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
my cousin had this shyt. i was always mad as fukk when WWF ppv's came on. i would try to sit on the phone and listen to the background but then we'd get yelled at :damn:

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
:blessed: A/B channels. Moms had the black box in her room. Everytime a wrestling ppv used to come on I tried to stay in her room the whole night to watch it

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
f*ck a playboy channel. what yall know about the spice channel?

yall talking WCW & WWF, but by 2002-2004, the best thing about free pay-per view was the weekly TNA shows. that and those monthly legends of wrestling specials.

Once these companies swtiched to all digital it was a wrap

even before that. those last couple years of regular cable, they made the pay-per view channels exclusive to digital, so the chip boxes couldnt get it anymore.

that was a heartbreaker.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
what was the year that blackout happened on PPV? was it halloween havoc? i remember one PPV wrestling event where it blacked out and me and my little brother sitting there like :damn: NOOOOOOO!!! we thought the box fukked up. Didnt know til years later that wcw or wwf whoever the fukk it was fukked up or some shyt. my memory is hazy