Who works at a warehouse?.

peppe

Superstar
Daps
I worked 4 years in warehouses while I was saving for credits to get back to college. Those 4 years were hell and they broke me.

They broke me in a way that I will never ever live a life like that again. It's not better now (side hustle is about to kick in tho:banderas:) but atleast I'm back in college and studying for a better future.

The hours 6-2 and 2-10 are a bytch, when my friends invite me to go out I always have 6-2 :mindblown:not only that it's impossible for me to go to bed at 9 to get a good nights sleep. Like always I'm asleep at 12 with only 5 hours of sleep and at the end of the week i'm a fuking dead man.

I did unloading of trucks and that's modern day slavery. I worked at stanly black/deckers and had to unload 3-4 trucks a day. You know how heavy some of that shyt was :damn:at the end of the day I was so fuking beat up if my gf would stand buttnekkid in front of me I would just say no, back hurts, legs hurt :shaq2: and she would give me the :gurl:.

Also the people there had no goals in life they just wanted stability and a steady pay check. And boy there were a lot of ignorant people working there:birdman: It was like a place were peoples hopes and dreams went to die and they just stayed for the ride.:huhldup:

Man in my 4 years my resume has 2 pages with all the warehouse shyt I have done. 2 more months and I'm out of this job and starting my internet business:blessed:

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
If you going to do a warehouse gig try to get with Coke, or Frito Lay. They pay pretty good, you get your feet in the door and they will help you get your CDL. Nothing like having your CDL brehs:wow:
Yep that's how I got my cdl working at nestle waters out here in Chicago
I worked at Amazon. Never again.
yeah people quit at the Amazon out here all the time they fired my cousin because he call off during mandatory overtime.....it was a snow storm and he stayed about a hour away :dahell:

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
I gave the positives, now here's the negatives..

- we work based off of Internet orders which end at 5:15pm every day.. Meaning we never KNOW WHEN THE FUK OUR SHIFT ENDS... We're supposed to end at 5:45 but lately seven been getting out at 6, 6:15, and even 630-645ish... You don't know how irritating it is to NOT know when ur off work...

- Managers ain't really shyt... We're out here picking up to 70lb boxes each day and they're sitting begin a computer.. I'll always say this, it's hard for a team of workers making $16 an hour to have the same motivation as the managers making 60-70k a year...

- this week along we lost two 20 something yr old guys to back injuries.. I swear to god...

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Just rows and rows of boxes on boxes with no windows in a cold as environment.

The sounds of pallets dropping and forklifts running.

Tape everywhere and the sound of a box cutter cutting through a box

8 hours a day, five days a week, and sometimes they would put me in a spot where I had nobody to talk to.
:wow:

Never again, dont know what was worse that or being a dishwasher :francis:

But both those experiences surely put my ass in college

:yes:

@casa bey is that how your experiences have been like working in a warehouse or have they been a lot more positive?

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
I worked two weeks in a warehouse until i quit that shyt.....was 21 and by the end of the first week felt 61....knew i had to change my life....most the people around were cool, but they body was messed up......thought one of my coworkers was 55, but dude told me he was 32 :picard:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Yeah I was a sorter for a few months. It wasn’t easy physically, but it paid well for the holiday season. I definitely gained some muscle. Might do it again this year.