Who's better Pt:2 Sade, Mary J Blige, Mariah Carey?

Who you picking?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
This is Part 2 of our mini contest to find out whose the greatest Female singer of all time.

As part one, the contestants were:

1) Anita Baker ( Winner)
2) Whitney Houston
3) Phyllis Hyman

So here's part 2 of 3, who you got

Sade

Mary J blige

Mariah Carey

Here's the result from part 1

Who are you guys picking? Whitney Houston, Anita Baker, Phyllis Hyman

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if Mariah Carey vocal range will sway some votes her way.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
nothing compares to Sade.....Nothing!
:mjcry:

wat6rr.jpg

Giselle

Daps
These artists are not comparable at all because they are so different. Mariah is pop, MJB is soul/r&b/hip hop, and sade is like soul/neosould/jazz adult contemporary. The beauty of the 90s. You could have as many artists as you want without them being in direct competition with eachother because they were so different and each had their own lane.

If you are talking about the best singer, it is Mariah. She has the best technique out of all of them, that is not debatable. She also has the widest range and can do more with her voice. She is an award winning writer and composer. Wrote full hits and albums all by herself, hit some of the most difficult notes and came up with the most unique and memorable melodies/harmonies and lyrics.

If you are talking about the most soulful voice, the it is surely MJB. She is great at emoting and making you feel her pain or w/e emotion through her voice. I absolutely love her dance moves, she always seems to be feeling her music. lol I don't think she is a writer though. Some people have also said it sounds like she's yelling sometimes. That could be because she doesn't have the best technique.

Sade's voice is very limited and she seems to sing the same in every song. Her voice is pretty though and so is she. She is obvioiusly not my "cup of tea" as you can see as I don't have much to say about her. I think most people like her music because they find it relaxing, they like her "substance" and consider her "deep", or bc they find her attractive.

This is a terrible thread.

You want to make a vs thread, do people who are similar, people in the same range, or same genre, same singing style.Want to do mariah? Do her vs Whitney vs Celine ect. Want to do mary j? Do her vs faith evans vs keke wyatt and others like them. Want to do sade? Do her vs aaliyah vs amel larrieux and other people who may be similar to them.

Last edited: