Who's Stock Dropped This Year?

Tha Carter

The God
Daps
Reppin
Nobody, just me
Drop some names of battlers who did bad this year.

I'll start with Tsu Surf and K Shine

Surf bullshyttin battles, losing to Suge, Rex, Verb, and the general consensus is he lost to T-Top

K Shine cause he lost to Ill Will, got bodybagged by QP, and fukking up Guntitles vs NWX Part 1. Pretty much losing key battles for him.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Battle rap
as a whole dropped in stock if you ask me

Top tiers have reached peaked :flabbynsick: levels

Majority of the new guys havent had any major moments to solidify a top dog status (t top is there by default, he hasnt done anything crazy yet)

Idk what the hell is going on with the mid tiers, none of em made a smooth transition to the big stage yet outside of Nitty

Gas is taking the flow/momentum aspect out of the game, cant build up a haymaker when you get stopped every other line

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Danja zone
Chilla jones
Dot
Big kannon
Pat stay
Charron
100 bulletz

I can't say clips and surf, simply because both of there stocks started falling more than a year ago. if we talking just this year, imo these are the guys who started the year on a high and by year end very little interest is in them

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Danja zone
Chilla jones
Dot
Big kannon
Pat stay
Charron
100 bulletz

I can't say clips and surf, simply because both of there stocks started falling more than a year ago. if we talking just this year, imo these are the guys who started the year on a high and by year end very little interest is in them

Agree with this except for Charron and Bulletz. I think Charron stock is about the same maybe even increased, and 100 never held any weight.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Tsu Surf, K Shine, Cyssero, and Clips. Definitely those 4.

Stocking Cap Stu

pocket full of dreams....and weed
Daps
Clips and DNA for sure, they both battle 45 times a year. way too diluted at this point, unless they're dropping nuclear heat every round nobody wants to hear it...
Surf
Daylyt shouldn't even be considered a battle rapper anymore at this point
Cyssero
K-Shine

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Yall just naming rappers that fell off. Clips and Surf aint shyt for real but their stock hasn't dropped one bit. nikkas will get booked on major cards chill out. Same with Daylyt (Daylyt still beating nikkas though).

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's a little bit of combination of 2015 and 2016 because the last couple of years have run together for me...

Gnojaj, Dot, Cyssero, and Pat. Hoffa in a way. I wanna say Clips and Surf but I don't think their stock actually dropped at all, or can drop even.

Their stock hasn't necessarily dropped, but the demand for cats like Goodz and Mook isn't there as much as it was, though they could get that back if they actually battled. The Mook-Surf idea is basically dead. People aren't really interested in Mook vs. Hollow either, even though that could be hyped up again I suppose.

Battle rap itself had a struggle year, the only guys who really benefitted from 2016 were Roc, Nitty, and Ave.