Why Africans always so against anything AA related?

The Gimp

#orangegang
Daps
Reppin
NULL0
Had a funny conversation with my coworker today he from Nigeria

Dude would not cosign any artists I was asking him about. Said do you like Migos? Travis Scott? Chris Brown? nope none of them. He said Akon and Sean Kingston are ok but other than that he only listens to Nigerian music.

Dude said he never even heard of migos :stopitslime: so I play bad n boujee for him he goes "what are they talking about?" "I don't understand any of this, in Nigeria we don't listen to this sh1t".

So I hit him with the :childplease: and show him this video of Migos performing in Lagos

He goes "those aren't my people" :birdman: "they were tricked into watching that, real Nigerians don't like American hip hop"

:rudy:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
In Atlanta the East Africans Fck with AA culture:yeshrug:

I've only known 2 on that level but then East Africans bust it open for the brehs too

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
why are you so offended. a lot of american members here on the coli pride themselves on not knowing shyt outside of the US.
i read a lot of ' no one here (in the US) gives a fukk about your music,movies,etc'
:yeshrug:i know a lot of africans who listen to nothing but african music.

also on another note,
:francis:we love being lumped into 1 big group over here in africa.

if you only knew how big a difference there is culturally between a namibian and a nigerian or a kenyan,for example, then you wouldn't lump us all together.
i love african american culture and music.
maybe not the people you named so much
:manny:

Last edited:

The Gimp

#orangegang
Daps
Reppin
NULL0
why are you so offended. a lot of american members here on the coli pride themselves on not knowing shyt outside of the US.
i read a lot of ' no one here (in the US) gives a fukk about your music,movies,etc'

also on another note,

if you only knew how big a difference there is culturally between a namibian and a nigerian or a kenyan,for example, then you would lump us all together.
I was gon make the title Nigerians, not Africans but truth is it's more than just that country. I met dudes from Ethiopia and Somalia that feel the same way. It's the general vibe I get from Africans they don't fukk with us

FSP

Banned
Daps
In Atlanta the East Africans Fck with AA culture:yeshrug:

I've only known 2 on that level but then East Africans bust it open for the brehs too
I'm fukking an East African chick right now.

This post is 100

Nigerians are as arrogant as AA, Actually most africans seem arrogant, but Nigerians are extra, that's why they come off like that. East Africans are much more accepting at least the ones that I know.

Anyway that African intelligence is real

Sharpest people I've ever met. For real

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
He just can't get jiggy with that shyt
comedian-michael-blackson-reveals-his-14-next-friday-residual-check--and-now-he-wants-a-piece-of-ice-cubes-straight-outta-compton-earnings.jpg

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
I was gon make the title Nigerians, not Africans but truth is it's more than just that country. I met dudes from Ethiopia and Somalia that feel the same way. It's the general vibe I get from Africans they don't fukk with us
all because they dont like your music? You do know there is more to life than music right?

Did u know there is some eastern europeans who love hip hop, serious wu tang fans who know all lyrics but dont speak fluent english that are still on that:mjpls:

The Gimp

#orangegang
Daps
Reppin
NULL0
I'm fukking an East African chick right now.

This post is 100

Nigerians are as arrogant as AA, Actually most africans seem arrogant, but Nigerians are extra, that's why they come off like that. East Africans are much more accepting at least the ones that I know.

Anyway that African intelligence is real

Sharpest people I've ever met. For real
No doubt he's a smart dude (engineer) and he cool to talk to about smashing broads. But he never admits anything good comes from AA culture. Dude wouldn't even admit T-Pain and Akon are similar :gucci:

FSP

Banned
Daps
I feel like it's just the dudes.

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always

also on another note,

if you only knew how big a difference there is culturally between a namibian and a nigerian or a kenyan,for example, then you would lump us all together.
Most members of this board are American and we don't pride ourselves on not knowing about affairs outside of the US. African Americans don't value ignorance, being ignorant is not part of our culture.

FSP

Banned
Daps
No doubt he's a smart dude (engineer) and he cool to talk to about smashing broads. But he never admits anything good comes from AA culture. Dude wouldn't even admit T-Pain and Akon are similar :gucci:
The general consensus I'm getting is that they don't think we work hard with what we are given.

The chick I'm smashing is an engineer too. They have a huge fetish for academics which also might explain it because our culture is centered around entertainment. She thinks I'm an exciting person and I'm pretty fukking boring compared to real nikkas out there. At the same time all of her male African counterparts are way way tamer than me (and also much more educated)

Last edited: