Why are black rap fans so threatened by white rappers?

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because how else are fans suppose to pop bottles and celebrate wins when its not the person u have taken a personal liking too winning?

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I reckon the conspiracy theory that white people will eventually take over hip-hop doesn't even make sense from a logical standpoint.

This implies that there weren't the uh, what you fellers call "cacs" weren't from a lesser extent, involved with it from the get go.

If they truly wanted to white wash the genre then The Beastie Boys would be looked at as The Beatles of hip-hop, which they aren't when you put them up against acts like NWA, Outkast and Wu-Tang Clan.

Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark would've had careers that surpassed the likes and legacies of Nas, Jay-Z, which they don't.

Eminem is probably the only white rapper that has had a truly impactful take on the genre (well deserved) and unfortunately, he's fukking it up for himself by releasing mediocre album after album, thus tarnishing his own legacy.

Also, remember Asher Roth? Lady Sovereignty? These two could've made an impact musically, but as soon as we enter the 2010's....not much of a peep. Yelawolf to me couldn't grab my attention like Odd Future did from 2010-2012.

Now Macklemore, again it's too early to act like he's gonna reign supreme especially when Ryan Lewis isn't going to produce his next album, but just because he won grammy awards doesn't mean shyt and to be a bit of a music snob here if you judge that an artist has merit based on grammy wins then :russ:

Iggy is essentially a replacement for Britney Spears, Christina Agulerria(?) types, I'd say. She's actually gonna get bumped out by Taylor Swift her true competition, like how Nicki somewhat did by Azelia Banks if she keeps up with the mediocrity that she keeps putting out.

While I understand the concern of culture vulturing, when you put all the known white artist doing hip-hop compared to the black, I'm sorry it's like comparing the Cleveland Browns now to the 2002-2004 New England Patriots. It's just not much of a compeition once you take the grammys out of the picture.

This post is :trash: . Hip hop is notably different in terms of origin and demographic to cac music, which includes rock, metal, country, pop, etc. Iggy Azalea does hip hop, not pop like Britney Spears, so the two aren't comparable. If Azalea did pop or metal, nobody on this forum would care because then she wouldn't be culture vulturing. Nobody accuses Taylor Swift of culture vulturing because she does country and pop. Swift and Azalea don't compete for the same audience; ditto with Metallica.

Moving on, your initial premise is trash. You say that because cacs were involved in hip hop's creation, they can't "take over hip hop". This doesn't make any sense. Even if you assume cacs were involved in hip hop's creation (and this shyt is not true anyway), this doesn't imply that cacs were ever the majority in hip hop or had any substantial part in it The fact is, up unil recently, cacs were on the periphery and nobody associated rap with cacs. If this ever changes, that will be a new development. Cacs originally didn't even like rap. They thought/think it is/was "jungle music" the same way brehs think metal music is just noise.

Last edited:

Flychologist

All Star
Daps
White people have been dying to take over rap music but theres only one problem, NO WHITE ARTIST CAN DO ANYTHING IN THE RAP GAME WITHOUT A LEGIT BLACK CO-SIGN. Em without dre was nobody, Iggy Austrailia without TI was a nobody,Bubba Sparx....etc. White people don't want unauthentic rap. If black people don't accept it neither will they. Thats why Igloo has that fake southern accent,twerking, and rapping about the struggle but is ready to cry over being clowned on twitter

Elvis Presley, the beatles, the rolling stones, all these GOAT white artists "borrowed" their sound,style, and swag from black artist that they will never give their rightful respect to infront of people. Hell,Rev Run was ghostwriting the beastie boys songs for them, but white people will argue you down that they're better than Run-Dmc. Before Elvis was elvis he was in the front row of every Ike Turner show with a notepad yet he's referred to as "the king"

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
i understand what you are saying

but hip hip is a relatively young genre and is definitely not borderline pop culture back then as it is now

and not saying that i necessarily agree with the sentiment - but if one were to believe hip hop is being taken over, it isnt that far fetched or illogical imo

remember rock n roll, jazz, etc didnt just get "taken over" over night

But you can't take over a genre, or kill it, you can only do it badly.

Jazz also, never got took over from blacks either, it just waned in popularity and creativity after dominating for nearly 30 years.