Why are some Blacks quick to rock AC/DC and Guns & Roses shirts?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
One of the most embarassing trends of the past few years. Dudes will wear band shirts from their grandparents era but old Black acts are too washed to even recognize know listen to or celebrate.

That while tend showed how programmed peoples values are. They don't see it in themselves

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
One of the most embarassing trends of the past few years. Dudes will wear band shirts from their grandparents era but old Black acts are too washed to even recognize know listen to or celebrate.

That while tend showed how programmed peoples values are. They don't see it in themselves
I literally think they would wear those shirts if they were sold at target and Walmart or something. People have to make Cameo or SOS Band shirts, meanwhile Pink Floyd and them are readily available at your local target for 12.99. Outkast shirts were few and far between until recently. Now I see all kinds people wearing Outkast tees cause they’re showing up in stores

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to wear Bad Brains, Iron Maiden, and Nirvana shirts (and some AC/DC - Back to Black), because I listened to the bands and didn't have access to internet stores or random concert venues to get ahold of shirts from my favorite Black hip-hop, soul, funk, jazz, and R&B groups :yeshrug:

I started seeing bootleg Pac and Public Enemy shirts a few places - but let's not pretend like they're on sale at H&M, Target or Hot Topic (i started seeing Black groups at Hot Topic late in high school).

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Old post, but the only Black people I regularly see rocking GnR or AC/DC - are black thots on Instagram.

Having said that, I do see white and Asians/Ay-rabs/Indians rock this t-shirt all the time

51AL9YWnK2S._AC_UY1000_.jpg

:mjpls:

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think most people rock what they find at the store they shop at based on if they like the design and it’s no deeper than that.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
Saw the hoodest nikka alive in a Metallica shirt last night. Dapped him up and said "RIP Cliff Burton". The nikka gave me a :what:
Dude probably couldn't even name a single current active member in Metallica either.

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
Lmao most people buy these shirts at Walmart,kohls and JCPenney I guarantee most of them don't even know it's a real band :mjlol: