Why Aren't Black People More Curious?

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Why aren't black people more curious about many things in life? :jbhmm:

Now this isn't Stalinist Russia, so when i say Black people i don't mean literally every black person:comeon: but as a whole most of us can agree us Black people aren't too inquisitive about things.

We laugh at cacs for getting injured, looking stupid and even dying for doing things that are spurred on by their insatiable curiosity. "You'd never catch a black person [Enter action]" is something we've grown to accept and embrace
Yeah i know curiosity killed the cat but still i do not think ignorance is bliss either.:patrice:

Things such as the state of our reality, construction of society on a global scale, exploration of a lot of the world and even the meaning of life. Things like this it seems most black people just take the answers presented to them by others in authority whether that's through religion/ the state / "history" or don't bother seeking answers if it won't directly affect or benefit them. "If it ain't about money don't call me":francis:

On an individual scale i just wonder why this is the case but I might also be totally off base, ain't tryna sound righteous or anything just wanted to put this to the brehs for a discussion.:hubie: Salute.

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
I'm curious about foreign policy, oligarchy, origins of racism, black history and the african diaspora/gender. I have 658 books downloaded on it too aka e-books. Also, I plan to buy the Africana encyclopedia.

Yeah again it isn't a personal attack on black individuals but as a whole / collective (especially black Americans) That's great though breh:ohhh: how many of the 658 you got through? some recommendations would be appreciated too if any stand out:feedme:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Yeah again it isn't a personal attack on black individuals but as a whole / collective (especially black Americans) That's great though breh:ohhh: how many of the 658 you got through? some recommendations would be appreciated too if any stand out:feedme:
To be honest with you breh I just got through the Black Jews one. However, I will give you some PDF files when I get home. I have a lot of Encyclopedias and books on capitalism, foreign policy, and oligarchy.

I just started downloading these books like last month.

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Black people are curious but we aren't going to put ourselves in danger needlessly. Fear of the unknown isn't really unique to black ppl either

Yes but why is it that we should accept this fear breh? yeah history is laden with mistreatment of black people and great indiscretion but we shouldn't let that hold us back and the retention of this fear is keeping us back. Fear of the unknown isn't unique to us but it seems to be very strong and almost instilled in the ways we yalk about ourselves.

Oppression. We only concerned with survival.

yes i am aware and agree to a certain extent but atrocities have befallen a great deal of communities breh and they can move on and expand, how long before this can be relieved? survival isn't living either.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
What kinda shyt is this?

You basically saying..."Why won't Black people go and do stupid shyt like White people..."

White people can afford to do stupid shyt...

Black people can't...

You won't ever catch me swimming in caves and shyt...just because I wanna know what's in there...

I ain't fukking with stingrays and shyt...

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Most people are not curious but regarding Black people in America, it's how they were raised. Most of their parents don't think outside the box and wanted a simple, stable life. Most people only become curious about life once their needs and wants are fully satisfied for years and they wonder what else is out there. That's when you really level up and live extraordinarily.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
All that a black wants is to live in communion with others, nature and his spirituality.

I understand what you mean, black people are rarely interested in complicated and dangerous things to achieve a certain result. But you know, i like the simple way that most of us live, without harming the earth and without harming others, as opposed to whites who are always inventing new ways to kill others and kill each other.

We want nothing more than to live in peace in this world.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
I completely reject the premise. As someone whos done a fair share of reading through the history of African people(continent & diaspora) I am proud, surprised, and impressed by the ability to ask the right and wrong questions then push forward with solutions.

I think what you are missing is that you are trying to draw a 1 to 1 ratio on things considered. What you contemplate is dependent on the environment; and of that environment the issues that effect you most are what you ponder the most. The major environmental issues for African peoples aren't the exact same as others, hence what we spend brainpower on is distinct.

To me your position sounds like someone who is disapointed that African Americans didn't replicate something like, say.....

European opera
Oct_16DSOBuzzOpener.jpg

While completely ignoring the genius that went into the creation of jazz.
gl-history-new-orleans-jazz-417109b1.jpg.885x497_q90_box-0%2C68%2C1366%2C836_crop_detail.jpg

We're not fated / obligated to be curious about the same subjects ....expressed in the same manner as another people.
Our contemplation's are distinct, as are our expressions.:ufdup:

Last edited:

Quiet Magician

Superstar
Daps
I'm curious about foreign policy, oligarchy, origins of racism, black history and the african diaspora/gender. I have 658 books downloaded on it too aka e-books. Also, I plan to buy the Africana encyclopedia.

Cut that 685 books down to 100 man. No point in having that many books downloaded because trust me all it will do is use up unneeded space. I had over 350 books downloaded but got through about 40 of them. Go through the list and pick the most important books you feel will benefit you in the long run.