Why Did Nas Not Rap Over The Genesis?

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nas had a theme of not rapping on his album intros for the first four albums.

The Genesis
IWW intro
I am Intro
The prediction

Nas never rapped over an intro until The Stillmatic Intro
:ohhh:

Wonder what made him do it for Stillmatic. That's a classic intro too

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:ohhh:

Wonder what made him do it for Stillmatic. That's a classic intro too

The cypher for Illmatic-Nastradamus was complete.

Illmatic- Boy
It Was Written- Man
I Am-King
Nastradamus- Prophet

It was time to do something new. “My next few albums instead of projects/they’ll be a difficult test inside the cover for the mind’s optics”.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The cypher for Illmatic-Nastradamus was complete.

Illmatic- Boy
It Was Written- Man
I Am-King
Nastradamus- Prophet

It was time to do something new. “My next few albums instead of projects/they’ll be a difficult test inside the cover for the mind’s optics”.
But wasn't the IWW intro him being a slave or some shyt? How's that going from boy to man? Lol

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
But wasn't the IWW intro him being a slave or some shyt? How's that going from boy to man? Lol

1). The album covers are a physical representation of his metamorphosis.

2). The It Was Written intro itself, what are the FIRST words said. “Hey Nas, hey BOY! You see what they done did to Jimmy Lee? Nas then proclaims that he’a tired of his shackles and violently makes his way off the plantation, in effect becoming a MAN through freeing himself of the expectations the industry placed upon him to be another Rakim and not branch out as an artist. It Was Written is the album where Bas takes his career into his own hands and chooses to make something completely different from Illmatic. Something that will take his name beyond the New York gutters and make him a superstar.

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
didn't Nas basically produce Genesis? in terms of putting it all together. I'm sure Premier said that during his Represent video the other week. Illmatic was about to go for sequencing and Nas quickly gave it to Premier to say put this as the intro.