Why did spinning rims go out of style so quickly?

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
They got replaced by the rims that stay put while driving.
giphy.gif

See this tomfoolery in Jax all the damn time. :mjlol:

I went to a rim spot in the hood to get a alignment on my Maxima a couple of years ago. I had 22's, When I pulled in I had the smallest rims there. :heh:

Saw a breh driving a Nissan Murano on 28's I was :dead:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Better question is why the big ass sound systems went out of style. Can't remember the last time I heard some bass rattling...
Factory speaker quality improved. easy.
back in the day them factory speaker walls used to literally be made of construction paper. like this.
install-rear-speakers-dodge-ram-800x800.jpg

I felt obligation to upgrade so the music would sound better. Now it sounds good enough it's really no point.

Last edited:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maintaining a car is expensive, breh. Anything extra is unnecessary.

The thing that cracks me up is many folks cant differentiate between necessities and luxuries. Most people barely are keeping up to meet their necessities. It's the consumer culture that got them confused. The recession from the last decade changed a lot. You dont even have to floss like that anymore and people will understand because a lot of folks are either broke or damn near a paycheck short from being broke. It doesn't help that the powers are forcing that shyt too.

So of course folks aren't trying to be on that pimp my ride shyt.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stunt!!!! Stunting was a bad habit that I wasted so much money on when I was younger....the bishes loved it and it just felt good at the time to just shyt on the scene...But that was really just being flashy and like you said making yourself a target...shyt this car I have now is the first one I have that doesn’t have 20s or better on it since I was 16.. so I spent over 20 years buying rims beats TVs and outfits just to flex.

What is the point of driving something like this???

I dont know about yall but I would rather drive something that's not gonna make me a moving target in these streets :mindblown:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
When spots like Advance auto parts and Walmart started sellin super cheap versions of em it was a wrap...I’m from the south, it seemed like every Mexican mini van had them ugly auto store versions at one point :mjlol:
Yep, except up here it was fat dusty white chicks that had five mixed kids :russ: