Why didn't Jim Jones just run up on Jay back in the day?

Sinister

Banned
Daps
I'm saying if Jim was willing to supposedly fight Tru for 50,000 why not go after the guy who sent him?

Instead of assaulting Ty Ty's cousin why not go straight to the head? I remember Jim supposedly wanting to fight French and was going to fight AR AB (who would have been fighting on behalf of Cassidy). If Jim is really a blood like that and Mel was really...like that certainly Jim had the power to do so. Jim talking all that "cufi smacker" shyt.

I always hear people like 40 Glocc or Chamillionaire talk about how Jay be walking around open without security. I thought Jim himself said he saw Jay at a Summer Jam is something. I know Jim claimed Pun hit Jay over the head with a battle. I remember Bleek saying Nas went to Rocafella to confront Jay (but that he wasn't there). Prodigy said he almost killed Jay.

Is it that it was fake beef? Is Jim all talk? Was Jay too powerful?

What do you think?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Jay was too powerful. Nobody else named in your post was near Jay's station within hip-hop in the mid-2000s. For Summer Jam in particular there's no way he doesn't have a security. In general, I feel like ironically he'd have it at home (NY) while walking around free in LA and internationally.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Related but unrelated

Tru life proved that he is a goon and not a rapper by not using a dipset line against Jim as the natural hook in a diss record.

That footage of the beat down Jimmy caught at the basketball game , with Cam deciding not to join in

I'm through with it
Your crew ain't even TRU with it
I seen your man and he said "nothing to do with it"

Ironically it was from a Camron song, .357

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Im sure Jim could have ran down on Jay, but that would have killed his career. Even though Jimmy had a decent career, I believe his beef with Jay had him semi black balled.
How can you be blackballed when you are independent on TV and radio, working with mad people (even def jam artists) and getting a major label deal in the midst of things :dahell:

He and the rest of Dipset was not played in one sports bar in New York, whether that was Jay's call or dj's not trying to play Jays enemies at his bar is another question.

It's evident by now that Jay does not stop people from eating behind the scenes.

He could've ran down on Jay and got blasted away by one of those KGB hitmen looking guys he moves with and dealt with the consequences.

Norman+Oosterbroek+File+Pictures+Norman+Oosterbroek+riIwwPZnifKl.jpg

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
How can you be blackballed when you are independent on TV and radio, working with mad people (even def jam artists) and getting a major label deal in the midst of things :dahell:

He and the rest of Dipset was not played in one sports bar in New York, whether that was Jay's call or dj's not trying to play Jays enemies at his bar is another question.

It's evident by now that Jay does not stop people from eating behind the scenes.

He could've ran down on Jay and got blasted away by one of those KGB hitmen looking guys he moves with and dealt with the consequences.

Norman+Oosterbroek+File+Pictures+Norman+Oosterbroek+riIwwPZnifKl.jpg
After We Fly High, Jimmy didn't really get any radio spins for anything he put out, and if he did it was only by Flex, who's a known dipset Stan. You really don't think Jay had nothing to do with that?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
After We Fly High, Jimmy didn't really get any radio spins for anything he put out, and if he did it was only by Flex, who's a known dipset Stan. You really don't think Jay had nothing to do with that?
His next single, of the album that followed, was Pop Champagne which might've been just as big as We fly high on the radio. And it featured Ether Boy :dahell: