Why do new black entities have to include “Latinx”?

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Is it because if they add “Latinx” group, they’ll receive more funding? Or will the company likely pass to the next round? Or are people / investors just afraid of anything that’s just “Black”? Cause Asians ain’t doing this shyt.

I was reading this article & the question popped up:

Greenwood Rolls Out GreenBook, An Online Directory of Black And Latino Businesses

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Because thats the colloquial term in 2021.

i was perfectly fine with latino, but honestly who gives a shyt?

don’t see how this is even thread worthy.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Latinx is an ethnicity. Black is a race.
Black is an ethnicity. Black American specifically.

Any person from the continent of Africa is automatically designated an “African American”

The Census tried lazily to get around this with the whole “Black/African American” thing

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Blackness has been watered down so much that in order to gain a foothold we have to be more inclusive. So many other agendas hitchhike off of our VERY SPECIFIC plight in this country, it’s disgusting :camby:
This. Latinos are doing the same thing. They have less African than AA have white but like calling themselves Afro- Latino. IG is full of them. I've said it once and I'll say it again: it is time for us as a people** to be more exclusive. This one drop foolishness is exactly that: foolishness at the very least and psychosis at the very worst.

Last edited:

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Black is an ethnicity. Black American specifically.

Any person from the continent of Africa is automatically designated an “African American”

The Census tried lazily to get around this with the whole “Black/African American” thing

"African-American" is an ethnicity, but this context seems as if "black" is racial identity, including the diaspora beyond AA and the site of being inclusive of "latinos" especially "afro-latino" as an ethnicity.

I don't care too much about the Census. It has historically been behind with nomenclature, as well as how cultural groups define themselves.

BGS mentioned how black is a class which makes a lot of sense viewing it as so. If it was the former, you couldn't have people "pass" for white--a psychosis only experienced in America but I digress.

Whom?