Why do people obsess over Celebrities?...

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps

Shorty really called up Michael B Jordans hotel room just to see if hes dating a white girl. What is wrong with people :gucci:

Im from NYC and i seen a fair amount of celebrties but I honestly dont care. I would be like “oh its that guy/girl from...” and continue on my day.

I dont think i can ever be a celebrity :why:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
cuz most people are idiots and take interest in what the media tells them to instead of forming their own opinions. It's a way of distracting dumb people from the actual news and current events that are going on right in front of their face. Personally, I'm not really caring what celebrities are doing if it's not related to their actual craft.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
There are seen everywhere on tv, online,etc., they live the lavish life, You get perks, your career is cool, you get all of the expensive items others wish, you get the best products and food in the world, you also have a lot of money too.

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
We’ve always obsessed over celebrities except back way back in the days celebrities were prophets, philosophers, kings and politicians ..etc

Pac was smart enough to study what being a celebrity is , and to use it to his advantage once he was about to make his turning point eventually (or at least i’d Hope so)
You see see a a lot celebrities involving in politics... pushing agendas ..

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Its one thing for comedic purposes but just how sad of a person are you to waste time in your life doing something like this? It wasnt even to be funny and get a laugh out of. :dahell:

Caprisun

All Star
Daps
:ohhh:MBJ actually picked up the phone.
How did she know he was there?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

Shorty really called up Michael B Jordans hotel room just to see if hes dating a white girl. What is wrong with people :gucci:

Im from NYC and i seen a fair amount of celebrties but I honestly dont care. I would be like “oh its that guy/girl from...” and continue on my day.

I dont think i can ever be a celebrity :why:

I use to work at a hotel in Queens where celebrities often stayed to be close to the airport and I was the same way.

Remember speaking to J Holiday (when he was big) like a regular dude in the bar.

Matter of fact I didn’t even know I was helping Beasley with his bags until he gave me a $100 tip (he had cut his hair before I knew) lol

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Comparing this to normal people living through entertainment is completely different. This woman right here should be charged with invasion of privacy :francis:

Do they really want man to fake-pander to them, is it this bad :francis:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
They're only maybe 7 people on Earth that I would stop for a picture if I seen them in real life

Michael Jordan
Farrakhan
Byron Allen
Birdman
Jay Z
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ronaldinho

Thats about it tho.....

I've seen celebs hoppin out of tinted Chevy Suburbans in NYC all the time.... Doesn't really move me.

I used to get excited by the idea of celebrity when I was a kid... But I outgrew that shyt

invalid

Banned
Daps
People need something to obsess over. Collectively, society is turning a way from organized religion. That energy just doesn't disappear.... it transfers. Now the focus pivots from a supreme "God(s)" but to demigods. Celebrities are the closest thing to demigods in our culture.