Why do some people online say Cardi B isn't black

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
I don't get it, she clearly looks like a black girl, in fact she looks more black then she looks Hispanic. Yeah I know Hispanic is not a race but Cardi B has more black facial features then what most people would think a average would have.When people of Latinos they think of someone who looks like George Lopez or Jennifer Lopez.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Partially because of not liking her and partially because of the stereotype/reality of Dominicans not always identifying as/with Black.

I don't care for her too much but I don't say she isn't Black.

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
...i remember cardiB when she was taking 3 doo-doos a day, and telling the world about it on the gram. she was classy back then

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because she successful. They hate to see black succesful people dominating so they say "Why black ppl like her and embrace her so much shes not even black so its not a win for black ppl". But the haters that want to claim she not black so bad still got to take the L because if shes dominician she still about to marry black dude.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I don't get it, she clearly looks like a black girl, in fact she looks more black then she looks Hispanic. Yeah I know Hispanic is not a race but Cardi B has more black facial features then what most people would think a average would have.When people of Latinos they think of someone who looks like George Lopez or Jennifer Lopez.
Cardi & her sister are definitely Afro-Latina. Folks trying to claim they're not black is some obvious reverse colorism bullshyt.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
She's told she's not black because she wants to embrace her blackness... :tu:

...but if she was against being black, the same people telling her she's not black would be telling her that she needs to realize that she's black too. :tu:

Get it? :ld: