Why do ya'll think there are fewer animated shows out now?

Daps
Reppin
7th District
Cost too much to produce compared to shows like teen titans go

Plus, shows like that depended on successful toy lines to make most of their money. Series is pretty much dead if there's no merchandise

It is sad. Cause I've been rewatching a bunch of shows on hbo max. The sheer quality we were getting back then is crazy in hindsight. We aint know how good we had it while it lasted :mjcry:

Hope things turn around one day. Cause it's a lot of potential for great shows to make a comeback.

Cause it's not like there's a shortage of talent. Shows like wolverine and the x men, spectacular spider-man, and sym bionic titans were all great shows that ended before their time. All because they just weren't worth it from a financial standpoint.

Although, that doesn't mean I don't blame the networks for adding to their downfall. A lot of those cartoon action shows were put at a handicap because they weren't given consistent or good airing schedules. Like they didn't even believe in the shows enough to give em a decent airing slot :francis:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Cost too much to produce compared to shows like teen titans go

Plus, shows like that depended on successful toy lines to make most of their money. Series is pretty much dead if there's no merchandise

It is sad. Cause I've been rewatching a bunch of shows on hbo max. The sheer quality we were getting back then is crazy in hindsight. We aint know how good we had it while it lasted :mjcry:

Hope things turn around one day. Cause it's a lot of potential for great shows to make a comeback.

Cause it's not like there's a shortage of talent. Shows like wolverine and the x men, spectacular spider-man, and sym bionic titans were all great shows that ended before their time. All because they just weren't worth it from a financial standpoint.

Although, that doesn't mean I don't blame the networks for adding to their downfall. A lot of those cartoon action shows were put at a handicap because they weren't given consistent or good airing schedules. Like they didn't even believe in the shows enough to give em a decent airing slot :francis:
More times than not though, a show generating a lot of money merchandise wise will survive even with bad ratings or an inconsistent schedule.

A lot of those animated shows get doomed because there’s no where else for them to go after they get cancelled on a particular channel.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I mean we were on the fourth or fifth rehashing of those 90s cartoons in 20 years.

Batman/Supeman, Beware the Batman, the Batman, Batman Beyond
Turtles, TMNT, Rise of TMNT
Spiderman, Spider-Man unlimited, mtv Spider-Man, spectacular Spider-Man
Superman, JLU, Superboy and LOS

Anime and the fact more cartoons aren‘t aimed at you is probably why you feel that way when it isn’t

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I mean we were on the fourth or fifth rehashing of those 90s cartoons in 20 years.

Batman/Supeman, Beware the Batman, the Batman, Batman Beyond
Turtles, TMNT, Rise of TMNT
Spiderman, Spider-Man unlimited, mtv Spider-Man, spectacular Spider-Man
Superman, JLU, Superboy and LOS

Anime and the fact more cartoons aren‘t aimed at you is probably why you feel that way when it isn’t
So they are making those shows now? Because most of what you mentioned is no longer on t.v.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
So they are making those shows now? Because most of what you mentioned is no longer on t.v.
Of course not. The point I’m making is they are still recycling those same cartoons continuously with very little gaps. It’s not like Thundercats which was one once (kinda two) since the 80s.

There‘s a Superman and Batman show in the works right now for next year.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Of course not. The point I’m making is they are still recycling those same cartoons continuously with very little gaps. It’s not like Thundercats which was one once (kinda two) since the 80s.

There‘s a Superman and Batman show in the works right now for next year.
Ah ok.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
More times than not though, a show generating a lot of money merchandise wise will survive even with bad ratings or an inconsistent schedule.

A lot of those animated shows get doomed because there’s no where else for them to go after they get cancelled on a particular channel.
I am starting to wonder if that is still true anymore. I feel like kids don’t even play with toys like they used to.

my nephew got the Voltron lions and by the time the show ended he was already done with them and gifted them to his younger cousin.

it’s not like that Aquaman cartoon from last year with that ugly animation style was meant to push toys.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am starting to wonder if that is still true anymore. I feel like kids don’t even play with toys like they used to.

my nephew got the Voltron lions and by the time the show ended he was already done with them and gifted them to his younger cousin.

it’s not like that Aquaman cartoon from last year with that ugly animation style was meant to push toys.
Thing about toys is now they have to share time with the internet and video games

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Merchandise consists of more than just toy sales. Look at all the merchandise outside of toys that a show like TTG or Paw Patrol generates.

That’s where the real money is and a show like YG or some of these other animated shows wasn’t going to make it long term.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Merchandise consists of more than just toy sales. Look at all the merchandise outside of toys that a show like TTG or Paw Patrol generates.

That’s where the real money is and a show like YG or some of these other animated shows wasn’t going to make it long term.
Oh yeah. lunch boxes, costumes, shirts, etc. Those are utilitarian items for everyday use.

But even then, when was the last time you saw a modern day animated Robin, Wonder Girl, or Raven Halloween costume? It jumps straight to adult cosplay.

The prices of action figures, like comics, have gotten so high even Star Wars are 25.00 a piece for basic stuff. Let’s not even talk about Legos or play sets.

preschool stuff is different. Elmo is still a high selling toy.

I’m talking about that old 90s era, 7 to 10 range. The ones that made Power Rangers a high selling toy franchise. These kids have jumped to video games once Paw Patrol is over it feels like.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Oh yeah. lunch boxes, costumes, shirts, etc. Those are utilitarian items for everyday use.

But even then, when was the last time you saw a modern day animated Robin, Wonder Girl, or Raven Halloween costume? It jumps straight to adult cosplay.

The prices of action figures, like comics, have gotten so high even Star Wars are 25.00 a piece for basic stuff. Let’s not even talk about Legos or play sets.

preschool stuff is different. Elmo is still a high selling toy.

I’m talking about that old 90s era, 7 to 10 range. The ones that made Power Rangers a high selling toy franchise. These kids have jumped to video games once Paw Patrol is over it feels like.
Now Power Rangers is a different story as you have a lot of adults that are buying the OG merchandise, which is helping them still stay alive and churn out money. I don't know if the younger generation fukks with Power Rangers like that, but I know for sure that the older one does. It's why a lot of them are still able to eat good at those conventions.