Why does Hannibal Burress get a pass for helping destroy Bill Cosby's legacy?

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
You think he's the first black man to throw another black man "under the bus" (which I don't really think he did) for a career? :mjlol:
He's the most recent one to do so and he's blowing up SOLEY at the expense of another black man who put in work for the black community. Hannibal is a fakkit and a c00n.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
I'm from chicago, that's was some bytch shyt he did snitching on a black legend. You never saw nikkas back in the day get on stage and say "luther vandross gay we all know it" "mlk was fukking all them white hoes" shyt used to stay in the community.

He didn't snitch on Cosby, that's what you're not grasping.

He didn't call a press conference and say "Hey, Cosby raping bytches."

It was a set up to a joke of known things attributed to him that someone taped and got leaked online.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Hollywood is the land of the perverts, fI'll of dirty old men, pedophiles, drug users, rapists, etc. Yet none of that stops these ppl from being praised and having their dirt swept under the rug.

So that makes it ok for bill cosby to be one as well? Go after them instead of protecting Cosby. He was literally using a daterape drug breh.

He told the black community himself to fall back so we dont make fools of our self defending his dirt.

The way i see it is he should be left alone because he's old and lost his eyesight recently so just let him be; there's new demons on the loose now. I still cant cape for his actions however

And attacking hannibal (another black person) over making a joke (as a comedian mind you) about cosby is equivalent to what you claim he did

Last edited:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
He's the most recent one to do so and he's blowing up SOLEY at the expense of another black man who put in work for the black community. Hannibal is a fakkit and a c00n.
Nah I don't think soley, dude was doing comedy specials and was on tv shows before the video dropped, nominated for an Emmy, wrote for snl and 30 rock, which at the time were 2 huge NBC shows. It no doubt helped propel him due to media coverage, but don't act the breh was a nobody.

Cosby and his shows were a huge part of my tv show consumption growing up, but at the end of the day, he was slipping girls quaaludes (which he admitted to in a sworn deposition). He ruined his own career by risking it all for some p*ssy, get over it.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Hannibal was just repeating information that was already out there. I remember hearing about these allegations already in the early 2000's. They weren't new or a revelation.
Exactly. I remember seeing these allegations in 2004/5 when I was a child. Now people wanna act all surprised. He put his own career at risk doing what he did and he got fukked at the end

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Bill Cosby had rape allegations surrounding him for a long time...

Lets be real...Bill Cosby was out here like that...
Bill Cosby ruined his own legacy....Let that shyt go.
Nobody was greenlighting Cosby's character assassination until another black man blew it up. :francis:

If he's guilty, then why isn't he in jail?? :jbhmm:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Nah I don't think soley, dude was doing comedy specials and was on tv shows before the video dropped, nominated for an Emmy, wrote for snl and 30 rock, which at the time were 2 huge NBC shows. It no doubt helped propel him due to media coverage, but don't act the breh was a nobody.

Cosby and his shows were a huge part of my tv show consumption growing up, but at the end of the day, he was slipping girls quaaludes (which he admitted to in a sworn deposition). He ruined his own career by risking it all for some p*ssy, get over it.
Hannibal's peak was doing what you said but because of the tape (that either they set up or not) he's becoming bigger then what he deserved. Dude is unfunny but that's me. He's not on the same level as Kevin Hart or Kat Williams or even Eddie Griffin. But of all the talent out their he was given a role on Spider-Man? :gucci:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Hannibal's peak was doing what you said but because of the tape (that either they set up or not) he's becoming bigger then what he deserved. Dude is unfunny but that's me. He's not on the same level as Kevin Hart or Kat Williams or even Eddie Griffin. But of all the talent out their he was given a role on Spider-Man? :gucci:
:yeshrug: People like his deadpan awkward delivery. It'll probably work for his small role in spider man as well. And spider man is gonna gross a cool 700+ million/possibly a billion dollars, I think they could've gotten anyone for that role, but he probably worked best for it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hannibal blowing up and recieving a role in the new Spider-Man movie is all I need to know about this fukkINg c00n. Nobody heard of him before he aired out Cosby.
:dwillhuh:

Yup

He was in Variety Magazine in 2010 as a comic to watch.

He had a special air on Comedy Central in 2012. Another one aired in early 2014.

He had performed on a variety of late night shows.

He's on a tv show on Adult Swim that started in 2012 and one on Comedy Central that started in early 2014. And a ton of guest appearances in other tv shows.

Dude made an appearance as himself on GTA V

He was doing tours with Chappelle, getting love from Dave and Chris Rock.

Patrice O'Neal and others saying Hannibal was that dude and that he was coming up hard. :patrice: saying dude was hungry, how he opened for him one night, 2 years later he shows up and it's the Hannibal and Patrice Show.

Don't know when that footage is from but Patrice died in late 2011.

Cats acting like Hannibal was some random dude doing amateur open mic for the first time at some random bar in the middle of nowhere that became a star, ignoring the fact that he was putting in major work and his profile had been increasing for years. Dude would've been in the same position without the Cosby shyt.

Last edited:

One

Moreese Bickham with the pistol
Daps
I'm from chicago, that's was some bytch shyt he did snitching on a black legend. You never saw nikkas back in the day get on stage and say "luther vandross gay we all know it" "mlk was fukking all them white hoes" shyt used to stay in the community.
:mjgrin:The fukk kinda bullshyt is this. We're not talking about rumors, we're talking about people coming forth with allegations of sexual abuse. Is that how they get down where you're from? The idea that you're supposed to give a safe haven for sexual predators and not say shyt is some of the dumbest shyt I've heard this week. "Don't be mad at Cosby for sexual abuse, be mad and Hannibal for saying something" head ass.

dondraper

Banned
Daps
:mjgrin:The fukk kinda bullshyt is this. We're not talking about rumors, we're talking about people coming forth with allegations of sexual abuse. Is that how they get down where you're from? The idea that you're supposed to give a safe haven for sexual predators and not say shyt is some of the dumbest shyt I've heard this week. "Don't be mad at Cosby for sexual abuse, be mad and Hannibal for saying something" head ass.

He didn't rape those industry sluts. Smh at thinking a black man could get away with raping white women in the 60s and 70s.