Why does Rutgers athletics suck?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
Yall prolly remember my Illinois thread, this is more of the same

New Jersey, for all its issues, produces MAJOR TALENT in both football & basketball. They're arguably up there with Florida, Cali & Texas as producing the best football players in the country. In addition, their basketball talent is JUST as good. So why isn't this marquee talent finding its way to the Scarlet Knights :gucci:

Besides those few years with Ray Rice & Schiano's one good season in 2011, they're consistently booty

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yall prolly remember my Illinois thread, this is more of the same

New Jersey, for all its issues, produces MAJOR TALENT in both football & basketball. They're arguably up there with Florida, Cali & Texas as producing the best football players in the country. In addition, their basketball talent is JUST as good. So why isn't this marquee talent finding its way to the Scarlet Knights :gucci:

Besides those few years with Ray Rice & Schiano's one good season in 2011, they're consistently booty

they don't do this

latest

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Most of New Jerseys best athletes do not want to stay in NJ when they graduate high school.

On top of that Rutgers made a huge mistake in joining the Big 10. It them ratings but had they stayed in the Big East would be an 7-8 win team in football.

They were never much to talk about in basketball.

On top of that the facilities are in dire need of upgrades.

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
I was just talking about this with homeboy who graduated from there. They are so bad all around, but especially in football. Its a waste of money and resources. Seton Hall is destroying them in basketball.

As much as I hate Schiano, he had them respected around the country.

The football team is not winning another game this year

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Are they part of the NY metro area or no?

No. East Piscataway is not the NYC metro area. That's where the B1G messed up. Rutgers athletics is so futile that their alumni don't care.

Rutgers' problems stem from administration issues that heavily neglected the revenue generating sports and poor leadership. Their rise coincided with Syracuse hiring Greg Robinson and losing the NYC pipeline. Ray Rice was a SU commit when Paul P was still coach. They were so far behind everyone else that when they began pouring money into football they diverted funding from the University to do so which hurt the school overall.

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Most of New Jerseys best athletes do not want to stay in NJ when they graduate high school.

On top of that Rutgers made a huge mistake in joining the Big 10. It them ratings but had they stayed in the Big East would be an 7-8 win team in football.

They were never much to talk about in basketball.

On top of that the facilities are in dire need of upgrades.
They weren't turning down that Big10 money. I don't blame them.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
No. East Piscataway is not the NYC metro area. That's where the B1G messed up. Rutgers athletics is so futile that their alumni don't care.

Rutgers' problems stem from administration issues that heavily neglected the revenue generating sports and poor leadership. Their rise coincided with Syracuse hiring Greg Robinson and losing the NYC pipeline. Ray Rice was a SU commit when Paul P was still coach. They were so far behind everyone else that when they began pouring money into football they diverted funding from the University to do so which hurt the school overall.
Ok.. I always thought NYC needed at least one D1 program in the area. I thought Rutgers was it but I thought wrong. Sometimes you market the big city and media attention to recruits. LA has USC & UCLA.. Chicago has Northwestern. :yeshrug:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ok.. I always thought NYC needed at least one D1 program in the area. I thought Rutgers was it but I thought wrong. Sometimes you market the big city and media attention to recruits. LA has USC & UCLA.. Chicago has Northwestern. :yeshrug:

Recruits don't need big markets. They want to go where they can play and be the BMOC. That's not happening at Rutgers.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because recruits don't give a shiit about Cfb 1st being played in rutgers

Bro u keep asking why team x isn't good, somebody gotta be the bottom feeder