Why does the IWC have a love affair with heels....

Daps
When wrestlers are heels they for whatever reason have the ability to show more facets of their current character. It's not limited to wrestling either there's a social temptation about being the bad guy. For example Heath Ledger in TDK or even the guy in your avatar.^^^ (referring to Liggins avatar)

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I'm about bar-b-que a couple of sacred cows here; but let's look at Dolph Ziggler. Besides his name what the fukk is he doing? He can wrestle VERY well, a great wrestler I believe. But that's not an aspect of his character. He's just another cocky white guy heel. Same shyt for Cody Rhodes. He's been NOTHING since he lost his mask.

Epico and Primo are heels. Do they even have a character? Swagger?

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I'm about bar-b-que a couple of sacred cows here; but let's look at Dolph Ziggler. Besides his name what the fukk is he doing? He can wrestle VERY well, a great wrestler I believe. But that's not an aspect of his character. He's just another cocky white guy heel. Same shyt for Cody Rhodes. He's been NOTHING since he lost his mask.

Epico and Primo are heels. Do they even have a character? Swagger?

How many people in the E are really over right now?

I like Ziggs mainly because of how much better he was at Ryder's webshow than Ryder was himself...

Cody fell off hard to me...but was getting props on the white strap IC title...

Epico and Primo had Rosa....that's all I got for them..

Honestly as has been said, Brock is the only really over heel right now given my reasoning earlier...

Bryan is over mainly due to people wanting him to be over because of his time in the indies....

Just like Claudio will stay over regardless of what he does, because people loved his indy work....

Daps
Ziggler adopting Flair/Perfect mannerisms is why he's slightly noticeable. Other than that I agree. Rhodes losing the mask was the worst and best thing that happened to him because they cut short what was the best long term character development in some time. However, the mask angle set him apart from Dibiase (typical lackey) and the angle did succeed somewhat in establishing as a solo threat.

Epico/Primo are latino. C'mon Liggins you know that ethnicity=main character trait for wrestlers who aren't white. fukk Swagger.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
Yeah one thing I agree w/ Liggins is the Cody situation. His current character is a devolution from his masked deranged gimmick. Don't know why they took away everything that made him stand out in the first place. :manny:

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eddie was cool either way to me. But in general when a wrestler turns face, they lose the edge which made them popular. Its like rappers who water down their product to get more mainstream appeal. It still vibes well with the stans but the rest are like this is bullshyt.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
From the time I started following wrestling via the net, I've noticed that the IWC LOVES heels and despises or just merely tolerates faces. Even popular wrestlers like Stone Cold, the Rock, Angle, etc. were all more universally loved as heels. I remember during one of Eddie's big face runs, the IWC kept saying Eddie needed to go full "rudo dikk heel" despite the fact that there was nothing wrong with his face character and he was VERY OVER. Same for Benoit; "he just needs to snap and turn heel and crossface everyone." Why? He was champion at that time and VERY OVER. Why turn him just to fulfill your nerd fantasies?

No one except a select few were riding for D Bry before his heel turn then all of a sudden people are basically worshiping the guy? And let's keep it 127%, D Bry is a generic heel when you take away the YES shyt. Hell, most WWE heels are generic as fukk but the IWC is still in love with them anyway. On the opposite end of the spectrum is CM Punk; loved as a heel, wildly criticized as a face. You can say, "Well, his promos aren't as good and the booking is bad."

:rudy:

Come on; Punk had long winded, boring promos in SES that always revolved around the same cheap heat. He was booked as a loser then and also in New Nexus as well. Remember his first feud with Cena after his stint as an announcer? Nothing special. But people look at his heel work as if it was on some Hollywood Hogan shyt.

But that's just the IWC; like a ghetto black chick they love them some "bad boys."

:manny:
Several different reasons at play here:

-Current WWE is terrible so they fail at creating effective characters and storylines. Faces are supposed to be cool enough that you want to cheer them, heels are supposed to make you genuinely dislike them. Instead, select WWE heels are the only ones that are allowed to show any charisma whatsoever, and faces are all forced to put on a lame, wise-cracking boyscout routine. This is because WWE's target audience now is children and children are simple.

IWC, obviously, is not children so the Nickelodeon routine doesn't have the same effect. They reject the lame Cena routine and can only identify with the characters that are allowed to show some modicum of personality, which are all heels.

-Separate from all of that, most of the good, young talent happens to be heels at the moment, and the IWC likes that as well.

-Finally, some IWC fans do it for the same reason you tow the wrestlefag line and like trolling the IWC. A need to "be different."

Singh

All Star
Daps
Not every single heel is dope bruh

But through my observations, heels tend to have more interesting/entertaining characters.

Faces are rather cookie cutter (there are exceptions) "do the right thing" blah blah type of shyt. And if fans latch onto it, that works.

I think heels have to work harder and be more creative, because the last thing you want to be is a cookie cutter heel that no one believes is a threat (for example: Miz).

Heels have to come up with some new shyt to keep fukking with the face, in order to keep the storyline going

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
I unabashedly root for good faces like Tino, Styles and Kofi, but its pretty easy to see why people like the heels. They generally have to be more dynamic than the good guys because they move the story along. It's why villains are called heavies.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Because the IWC is mostly adults (I believe) and what caters to them (us) differs than to what may cater to a child/woman.

We're just able to see things more intelligently, that's all :smugfavre:

All jokes aside, they're mostly bland and they're corny. It also doesn't help that the majority of heels want to be cool and not sell correctly in promos...thanks, kliq :hmm:

Pretty much this. Heels naturally appeal to the older male demographic. Plus, I think that pro wreslting is one of the few mediums, in which you can actively root for the "villain" without being looked at as some sort of sociopath.