Why Doesn't Shirley Chisholm Get Any Play On Here?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
First woman to run for U.S. Rep and the FIRST woman to run for President. She paved the way for future female candidates running for politics. It's sad to this day she's STILL the only Black woman to run for President in a major Party.

P.S. I'm playing her in my presidential simulation game Presidential Infinity.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
:yeshrug: too much fukkery here to focus on black excellence from the past and most serious topics in the locker room are current. higher learning or the root might give you better results. She's definitely a pioneer though, I'd hate to see what she went through as a black woman

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably because she died over a decade ago. That's the main reason people wouldn't bring her up today.

Besides, bicameral party system is broken and cannot be fixed, it needs to be eradicated

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Probably because she died over a decade ago. That's the main reason people wouldn't bring her up today.

Besides, bicameral party system is broken and cannot be fixed, it needs to be eradicated
I know that she's deceased :comeon: However, I'm an Independent, but it's hard for Independent's to make a splash because of corporations and biased media. Still, Shirley had a big impact for decades to come. Even though she lost her goal was to create a revolution.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know that she's deceased :comeon: However, I'm an Independent, but it's hard for Independent's to make a splash because of corporations and biased media. Still, Shirley had a big impact for decades to come. Even though she lost her goal was to create a revolution.

No i'm just saying, most people on here aren't talking about her because she's not "current' news. That was my point.

Its very hard because the 2 party system is rigged and broken.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

Only time will fix that, the dems are almost 200 yrs old and repulicans like 170 give or take. Unless big money gets behind a 3rd party, and I'm not talking about a billionaire, I'm talking corporations and financial institutions, it's not going to grow. As far as media, they follow the money.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Only time will fix that, the dems are almost 200 yrs old and repulicans like 170 give or take. Unless big money gets behind a 3rd party, and I'm not talking about a billionaire, I'm talking corporations and financial institutions, it's not going to grow. As far as media, they follow the money.
We need money out of politics period.