Why dont jay and e40 have any songs together?

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
"Gentrify your own hood like Nipsey." :troll:

The way he threw that out there to deflect from the criticism he received over his dealing with the Brooklyn Nets was :hhh:

Nip was actually buying real estate in his hood, Jay allowed himself to be used by a corporate entity to escalate gentrification in his hood Big difference.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Random but 40 has a song with SAUCE MONEY on it lmao

I think there might've been some tensions with Biggie calling 40 trash, getting kidnapped in Sacramento & Jay-Z being his mans

That whole album was flames. Lotta smoking/drink sessions with that in the background.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Probably because E-40 is :trash:The Bay in general has produced some of the wackest music in hip-hop history, definitely the WOAT region.

Bay Area music is no more trash than NY drill at the moment, 90% of the drill rappers are carried by the production. Similarly a lot of Bay Area rappers rn are rapping on Detroit style production and are being carried by it.

The 10% of rappers who aren't carried by the production are making enjoyable music regardless, I'd put Stunnaman02, Guapdad4000, Larry June & Ezale up against any upcoming NY rapper for music I'd actually listen to again. If the criteria is being lyrical then none of the above are rappers I'd put in that category but I'd also struggle to think of a contemporary upcoming New York rapper I would put in that category. Maybe Don Q, that's about it though.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Lotta speculation in here, but here’s what we do know:

- Jay has had trepidation about working with artists that were real close with 2Pac
(Pimp C and Too $hort have confirmed this), and 40 an’em were close to Pac.

- Jay definitely fuccs wit’ Mobb music because he bought tracks from Rick Rock
at the time when Rick Rock was producing a good chunk of 40s beats.

- Jay is like Dr. Dre (another person who has never worked with 40) in where he likes
to work with youngsters/artists who are on the come up, and that doesn’t apply to 40.

- 40 threw a shot at somebody at the end of his verse here, and we can’t be sure who it’s for:
but there aren’t many people that fit the situation...

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know Jay got songs with too short

Big had a song with short also

Some of you make no sense

Some don't mesh with each other style wise

And if you look up that twitter thing years ago when Jay was waiting for his twins to be born and he on Twitter saying who inspires him

He did name E-40

And 40 re-twitted it

:francis:

Oh and this

Sure looks like 40 don't fukk with Jay :mjlol:

It's amazing so many rappers from the past and present really respect Jay pen game

But coli cats and online really think Jay can't spit :russ:

Last edited:

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bay Area music is no more trash than NY drill at the moment, 90% of the drill rappers are carried by the production. Similarly a lot of Bay Area rappers rn are rapping on Detroit style production and are being carried by it.

The 10% of rappers who aren't carried by the production are making enjoyable music regardless, I'd put Stunnaman02, Guapdad4000, Larry June & Ezale up against any upcoming NY rapper for music I'd actually listen to again. If the criteria is being lyrical then none of the above are rappers I'd put in that category but I'd also struggle to think of a contemporary upcoming New York rapper I would put in that category. Maybe Don Q, that's about it though.
Are those gamer tags or email addresses?
:mjgrin: