WHY every recipe online has a big ass essay before you get it?

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Op a damn fool :mjlol:

I just noticed

Pizza sauce Recipe

The morning before we go grocery shopping...while I sip my coffee and my kids finish their breakfast...I like to ask them what they want for dinner the next week. Without fail their first answer is always, "pizza!"

We love making pizza at home because it's easy (my kids have been making it every week since they were 5), fun and less expensive than delivery. This is our go-to easy homemade pizza sauce recipe. It takes five minutes to whip up and will make the best pizza you've ever had.

We're from Chicago (born and raised)...so we've enjoyed some of the best pizza in the world. I remember, one evening after dining at a famous pizza restaurant, we got in the car and I asked my husband how he liked it. It turned out he was less than impressed. I thought my pizza-loving-husband had gone crazy!

His problem was with the sauce! "There was only a thin layer and it tasted just like tomatoes" was his personal opinion. He likes his pizza saucy and flavorful and that particular pie just didn't cut it. Moral of the story: there's no weak sauce allowed in our household. And this Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe ensures that!

hatealot

Banned
Daps
What about journalist who point out small irrelevant shyt.

Dude could be interviewing Tom Jones or some shyt and...

"Mr. Jones sat down before me in his leather chair-the color of the leather almost resembling the green color of his felt pool table in the background".
:mjlol:
You got me dying right now. You have to remember, you on a cooking website. Details matter.

Yo, for fun. Go on one of those websites and wrote up a recipe for a simple ass dish and share it with us.

Go go.

Call it , GMB DISH, or some cryptic shyt so we know its you. :eat:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Almost as bad as philosophical thots with their asses hanging out in the pic whilst talking existentialism in the comment.

full

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
shyt BE A BIG ASS ESSAY before you get to the recipe.

They gotta talk about how there granny made mac n cheese when they were little...

Then they talm bout how they ate it in Europe on a honeymoon...

Then talk about why parmesan cheese is called parmesan

THEN FINALLY THE RECIPE
:bryan:
hold over from the blogging era

invalid

Banned
Daps
They are trying to set the stage for the reader. Detailed/descriptive writing helps the author convey the message in a way that the reader is more likely to absorb and remember.

Your made-up sentence is actually a very good example of sensory language/imagery being used :russ:

Sat before me - visual, spacial setting
Leather chair - touch
Green - visual, color
Felt - touch/texture
Pool table in background - visual, setting

Our brains are hardwired to latch onto sensory cues and create mental photographs that will be associated with the information that was conveyed and this more likely to be remembered.

This.

Also, in the culinary world, there is an appreciation for going beyond the food. The narrative, the history, the emotion, the place, the community. Food is also about the little things like what your wearing, how you're feeling, the environment, the ambiance, the people you share space with. Food is art for many people and the few that have the luxury of not having to just get by day to day, they ponder the little things that go into the experience of eating.

It's not just websites that do this. If you read many of the cookbooks that are out, they're the same.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Spot On, OP. I hate it lol

Brave browser blocks the auto loading videos on those sites and PG Down skips the monologues :ehh:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
You got me dying right now. You have to remember, you on a cooking website. Details matter.

Yo, for fun. Go on one of those websites and wrote up a recipe for a simple ass dish and share it with us.

Go go.

Call it , GMB DISH, or some cryptic shyt so we know its you. :eat:
shyt which recipe?

*New Jack swing playing in the background*

"I got butter chicken, chicken scampi, banana pudding,French dip, Mac n cheese and my favorite cheese eggs and beef bacon on The side...YUPPITY YUP YUP"