Why have slave rebellions been left out of US history?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
In the USA; I would say Nat Turner's is pretty well known but the majority of the other revolts/uprisings are almost never talked about. We already know white americans in the past tried write or rewrite history to paint the slaves as being happy with their situation and acknowledging the numerous revolts; doesn't fit the narrative.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
In the USA; I would say Nat Turner's is pretty well known but the majority of the other revolts/uprisings are almost never talked about. We already know white americans in the past tried write or rewrite history to paint the slaves as being happy with their situation and acknowledging the numerous revolts; doesn't fit the narrative.

Agreed.

Learned about most of them while learning about the Maroons in the South. But, just like revolts and uprisings -- the U.S. maroon communities are widely unknown by most people - including Black Americans. Well, other than the Great Dismal Swamps maroons.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Agreed.

Learned about most of them while learning about the Maroons in the South. But, just like revolts and uprisings -- the U.S. maroon communities are widely unknown by most people - including Black Americans. Well, other than the Great Dismal Swamps maroons.

yeah. most people; black or white, have no idea there were maroon communities in New York. It doesn't even sound right:lolbron:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
...also the Gullah wars are somewhat "hidden" because of the Seminole label. Many people don't realize that there are "Black Seminoles" who were actually black people from the Carolina coasts

word to

@Jesus is my protector

Watsup everyone. There have been many major slave rebellions throughout the Americas. The Haitian Revolution which we mostly know about. But again Haiti was not the only major slave rebellion or full military war. No it was not. There was one actually in our own backyard in America. And I'm not talking Nat Turner or the Stone rebellion. I'm talking about a full scale war. The Gullah/Seminoles which is oblivious to us African Americans. Many people think of African American history as just being slave history, but this totally debunks that, this shows African American history in a new and different light that we have barely heard of.

I want many people to sub to this thread, the thread serves to connect the dots on how blacks in America fought in a large scale war against slavery.

The first two sources I will be starting off with are these two videos:

In the latter video everything the man said he actually cited in the description box. Anyways get ready.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/the...-a-war-oblivious-to-african-americans.210547/

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
...also the Gullah wars are somewhat "hidden" because of the Seminole label. Many people don't realize that there are "Black Seminoles" who were actually black people from the Carolina coasts

word to

@Jesus is my protector

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/the...-a-war-oblivious-to-african-americans.210547/

white-historians-call-the-gullah-wars-the-seminole-wars-to-14228091.png

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Agreed.

17918164.jpg

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
narrative, and pride imo are two huge important reasons why the stories are not spoken about enough.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Dede please tell me you ain’t actually banned:gucci:

I'm back.

It was an unnecessary "ban" -- and it was because I took up for myself - like I always have to do. Cause some are mad that I love and value myself as a ADOS/Black American first -- and starting to return the same energy I'm given. But, I'm good and blessed - like always. :smile:

Gonna do a Hot Yoga class today and spiritual bath - and release any negative energy. :smile: