Big Red
Am I buggin or do y'all agree? :ohhh:

High school for me:

-Not really grasping the material
-Constantly angry/moody teachers
-Trying to impress/schmooze people by being a class clown
-Dealing with petty ass high school drama & immaturity
-When I'm trying to pay attention, some goofy ass being disruptive
-Constantly in a daze trying to keep up with homework/due dates/tests and quizzes

College for me:

-Go to class & jot down notes from the PowerPoint/Prezi/lecture
-If there's homework, I can go to the library and do it in a quiet, friendly space, using a computer for research/typing it if need be
-If it's a difficult class (like remedial math & college algebra was for me) I can go to the STEM lab/library and find a tutor to help me
-If it's not necessarily a hard class but there's a LOT of studying/reinforcement of info (like philosophy/biology), I can get a hot cocoa, go to the library, cozy up at a large table with a lamp/reading light and a outlet to charge my phone, in a comfortable office chair (they're like love seats on wheels) and take out my textbook/notes/flashcards and study
-The clubs/organizations are more fun than high school
-I'm passing all my classes because I actually LIKE THEM :gladbron:
-I recently started studying/perusing some GMAT workbooks and they're easy as hell:childplease:It's just critical thinking & deciphering patterns

It might just be because I actually love my major, and I started taking Adderall for my ADHD :manny:Business administration/marketing/business communications. A WHOLE LOTTA people choose majors purely off of the potential money or because they have no clue what they want to do & choose something easy. You have to find out how to monetize your passion, which is cliche af but true. The only painful/boring part of college is actually paying for it, and spending hours studying for the final exam, but other than that it's a breeze.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree.

I dont think I studied one single time in high school and I had a near perfect GPA.

Meanwhile in college my digital logic and differential equation homework took 20 hours a week. Thank God I was already good a programming or I would have had 0 free time.

I should point out that I went to an all boys post-military hs so I never had to worry about how I dressed or impressing females

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're probably just more motivated even if you're not aware of it because it's not "free" and you don't have to be there.

it's your choice to be there so you're less likely to fukk around. you also get to pick more interesting classes in college outside of some gen ed than high school from my experience. it's not all easy though.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Am I buggin or do y'all agree? :ohhh:

High school for me:

-Not really grasping the material
-Constantly angry/moody teachers
-Trying to impress/schmooze people by being a class clown
-Dealing with petty ass high school drama & immaturity
-When I'm trying to pay attention, some goofy ass being disruptive
-Constantly in a daze trying to keep up with homework/due dates/tests and quizzes

College for me:

-Go to class & jot down notes from the PowerPoint/Prezi/lecture
-If there's homework, I can go to the library and do it in a quiet, friendly space, using a computer for research/typing it if need be
-If it's a difficult class (like remedial math & college algebra was for me) I can go to the STEM lab/library and find a tutor to help me
-If it's not necessarily a hard class but there's a LOT of studying/reinforcement of info (like philosophy/biology), I can get a hot cocoa, go to the library, cozy up at a large table with a lamp/reading light and a outlet to charge my phone, in a comfortable office chair (they're like love seats on wheels) and take out my textbook/notes/flashcards and study
-The clubs/organizations are more fun than high school
-I'm passing all my classes because I actually LIKE THEM :gladbron:
-I recently started studying/perusing some GMAT workbooks and they're easy as hell:childplease:It's just critical thinking & deciphering patterns

It might just be because I actually love my major, and I started taking Adderall for my ADHD :manny:Business administration/marketing/business communications. A WHOLE LOTTA people choose majors purely off of the potential money or because they have no clue what they want to do & choose something easy. You have to find out how to monetize your passion, which is cliche af but true. The only painful/boring part of college is actually paying for it, and spending hours studying for the final exam, but other than that it's a breeze.
It was the exact opposite for me. In high school I never had to study or do homework. I just flat wouldn't do homework because I knew my test scores would be enough to offset not doing homework (I was happy to get Bs). I got special treatment cause the teachers knew I was smart so I'd stay getting hall passes, library passes, or just sleep in most of cards. Once I got to college that special treatment went away. I actually had to do homework so I had to try and teach myself how to study and focus on doing homework. I was still able to get away with barely going to class. Looking back I would've applied myself way more. The last year I actually made it a point to be more engaged in classes and really enjoyed it. By then it was too damn late though.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
1 - high school is designed to baby sit minors, not to learn
2 - college is designed for you to actually learn the things you're learning. Meaning you don't spend 7 hours a day in classes. You spend 2-3 hours a day in classes and have the rest of your time to read/study

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Hell nah this ain’t true.

I went all the way to AP Calculus AB in hs.

Ya boy sat down for his first day of college trig and was looking like the Mr. Krab meme for the next 6 months :mjcry:
I almost got flunked my math class cause I went to advanced calculus my junior year. Was supposed to take AP senior year but I wanted to get out of school early and they only offered it 7th period. I got to college and took the college calculus and found it so easy I just started showing up for tests. My teacher gave me a D because I didn't show enough work even though I got every answer right. As you know the higher you go up in math the more shortcuts you learn. Had to meet with him after class and show him exactly what I did and got him to raise my grade back up.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
You’re basically relearning the same shirt from hs so I can see why one would say that but honestly it depends on the college