Why is Errol Spence so good?

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To my technical boxing heads...break it down for me.

He doesnt have the fastest hands
He doesnt have the best footwork
He not a technical savant like a rigondeaux/lomachenko

Yet he dominates. I know is power is ridiculous and he manages to do it with volume. But he has been an absolute machine for awhile. Even before he hit pro he was knocking out a guy like Broner who was champ at the time. He had 2 fights under his belt when he sparred with Floyd... by alot of witness accounts roughed him up quite a bit...some even say Floyd was out on his feet. At the very least Floyd was walking around with a black eye after that session.

What's his ceiling? Is he the future king of his division? Is he going to be an All time great? He looks like he can move up to Middleweight and still dominate.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
To my technical boxing heads...break it down for me.

He doesnt have the fastest hands
He doesnt have the best footwork
He not a technical savant like a rigondeaux/lomachenko

Yet he dominates. I know is power is ridiculous and he manages to do it with volume. But he has been an absolute machine for awhile. Even before he hit pro he was knocking out a guy like Broner who was champ at the time. He had 2 fights under his belt when he sparred with Floyd... by alot of witness accounts roughed him up quite a bit...some even say Floyd was out on his feet. At the very least Floyd was walking around with a black eye after that session.

What's his ceiling? Is he the future king of his division? Is he going to be an All time great? He looks like he can move up to Middleweight and still dominate.

He is a dog some nikkas don't need the fastest hands or feet or be technically perfect but they just have that dog in then where if you gonna beat them you gonna have to go through hell to do it. The best example of this would be Ward/ Prime Bhop although they are technically sound there went up against faster, stronger, bigger men and still beat them because there is the mental shyt and intangible shyt in boxing that you can't really measure but are just as important as all those things you mentioned. Noticed how all the nikkas mentioned are great body punchers as well. I mentioned before nikkas that are good body punchers usually have that :demonic: in them because they don't score as pretty as a head shot but they personally know they're hurting you from the sounds you make n shyt. So they don't care about beating you pretty for the judges they want to fukk you up.

Daps
Yea i think so too. The fact a methodical Brooks can basically hit him at will with the right makes me think it'll be very interesting seeing him against more and more elite fighters

They say Thurman hits harder than spence too.

RisAri0

<<dunno what swag means
Daps
Spence is a great body puncher, a freaking lumberjack in the ring til the tree falls. That's what makes him great, the fact that his opponent can't handle the pressure and the pace he sets. Not to mention his work ethic in training camp, unmatched next to Floyd's.

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Thurman would not be able to withstand the body assault coming from spence. and thurman nickname should be change from "one time" to "some time" he got hurt by guerrero and collazo:mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
Thurman would not be able to withstand the body assault from coming from spence. and thurman nickname should change from "one time" to "some time" he got hurt by guerrero and collazo:mjlol:

But at then end of the day he beat them. Spence does kill the body. Especially with the power he got. Bunduu said thurman was the best fighter he faced and would beat spence.Thurman got a better resume. I feel like he's the better boxer. All around complete fighter

Last edited:

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
But at then end of the day he beat them. Spence does kill the body. Especially with the power he got. Bunduu said thurman was the best fighter he faced and would beat spence.Thurman got a better resume. I feel like he's the better boxer. All around complete fighter
Brooks is a better boxer than both thurman and spence - and thurman is a better boxer than spence - but im telling you now if thurman and spence meet in the ring - thurman is getting bodied, he could barely keep porter off of him, he wont survive against spence. Spence is bigger and stronger, that is how he's getting these fighters out of here. It's spence's time and when it's your time, people get moved out the way

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea i think so too. The fact a methodical Brooks can basically hit him at will with the right makes me think it'll be very interesting seeing him against more and more elite fighters

There's nothing methodical about Brook. He's the best counter puncher and combination puncher at 147.