Why is Illinois so bad at recruiting the Chicagoland area?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Makes no damn sense

Chicago public schools might be up there as the best amateur sports league in the country

From the basketball stars, to the football stars, there is no reason the Fighting Illini shouldn't be in the Final Four/CFP or elite bowl game every year. There is no reason D. Rose & AD shouldn't have been in blue & orange.

They got Lovie Smith at the helm of the football team & they still ass:dahell:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Makes no damn sense

Chicago public schools might be up there as the best amateur sports league in the country

From the basketball stars, to the football stars, there is no reason the Fighting Illini shouldn't be in the Final Four/CFP or elite bowl game every year. There is no reason D. Rose & AD shouldn't have been in blue & orange.

They got Lovie Smith at the helm of the football team & they still ass:dahell:

:usure:
when has chicago ever been a hot bed for football recruiting?

FukkaPaidEmail

Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Football wise Illinois has too many major universities surrounding Chicago to survive. Notre Dame,Ohio State ,Michigan State,Wisconsin and Iowa (O-line wise) can walk in and take whoever the hell they want.

If you want to stay in state well...Northwestern is a better school academically and has been better on the field...which leads them to have to battle with Minnesota for scraps in their own state

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
My home state school, but they can't get right for shyt.

I live like 35 minutes from the assembly hall. I might check out a few games this upcoming season.

On a side note, Ohio State got commits from DJ Carton & Alonzo Gaffney:mjgrin:

shyt, Illinois should be able to go into Iowa and get DJ Carton.

I just thought about it. If you took Chicago out of Illinois, the state would basically be Iowa:ohhh:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
DePaul isn't cracking at all like that. I'm eating quarter wings at one of the pubs on Lincoln & Webster right now. Deadzone. :snoop:

Id rather go downstate or one of our neighboring states to crack some pizzawgs open.
Come down to central Illinois. I got u covered:mjgrin:

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
The same reason UGA and Tech are shyt at recruiting the state. They are a mid tier program. No one great wants to play there.
:usure:I'm assuming you mean for basketball

Football, UGA is entering Bama/FSU/Ohio St levels of dominance

Tech football has been middling, but they've kept a historically good basketball team

Daps
Too many schools nearby to divide the pie. Chicago has a ton of Big 10 schools in the backyard so U of Illinois misses.

No different than Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma etc., being all up in DFW and U of Texas missing gems. 3 of the top 6 NFL draft picks from 2017 were from the Dallas area and the so-called "flagship" school didn't get nan one.