Why is Ohio no longer a swing state???

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Crazy how Ohio got 3 metropolitan cities with a nice size Black population, yet it is a red state more than not.

I think ppl look at Ohio on the map and think it is small, but even with the "big 3", there is a very big rural population.
Ohio got world class universities, which tends to harbor and develop liberal thinking, and still manages to be red. This is funny seeing that states with big universities and a highly to decently educated population vote Democrat i.e. Massachusetts, California and even Virginia but Ohio is the major exception lol. Even Michigan still has major Democratic leaders, shout out to Big Gretch.

Last edited:

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
New York
Could be demographic shifts. Ppl from Ohio that would vote blue May have moved out or more red moved in. That’s the explanation for Arizona shifting. A lot of Cali ppl moved there the last few years. These sorts of demographic transitions may be big in 2022 and beyond. With corona and increasing work from home a lot of ppl been moving out of major cities this year. When her or not it’s permanent or temporary is to be seen but if permanent it’s going to effect future elections. There’s already a thought of Texas flipping blue in the future
:ohhh: Thats true, breh. I think I read somewhere that Texas used to be blue before the civil rights movement.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Ohio got world class universities, which tends to harbor and develop liberal thinking, and still manages to be red. This is funny seeing that states with big universities and an highly to decently educated population vote Democrat i.e. Massachusetts, California and even Virgina but Ohio is the major exception lol. Even Michigan still has major Democratic leaders, shout out to Big Gretch.
Yeah, I cant front, Michigan came through:wow:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
:ohhh: Thats true, breh. I think I read somewhere that Texas used to be blue before the civil rights movement.
That was when the Democratic Party was the conservative party and the Republicans was the liberal party more or less. They slowly switched ideologies in the time period between the Great Depression and the Reagan Administration.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I’ve always thought of Ohio as a more rural extension of PA. I think the main Dem strongholds in that state are CO, CLE, and Imma assume Akron. I’ve always known Cincy was more of a red city. Not sure about Toledo. Hell, Ohio seems like a state where the population is evenly distributed between urban-suburban-rural....North Carolina comes off the same way too.

I honestly can’t say I’m surprised OH went red the same way I was actually surprised that VA and AZ went blue. I mean VA’s been a purple state since the late 2000’s but I was almost sure it would be fairly red this election.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Too many rural areas and white people. Look at Columbus, Cleveland, and Cincy, they overwhelmingly went for the Democrats but wasn’t enough to offset rural Ohio
This....

If you drive up 71 from cincy to Columbus you see mad barns wit confederate flags on em...and just light weight racist jargon in general. It’s like they still shell shocked they voted for a black man......but this loss will be a bitter pill to swallow and I think you’ll see Ohio go back to it blue or red status again

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
A good # of Chicagoans move to Phoenix. If it aint Phoenix, it is somewhere in Nevada.

I think I read somewhere that Phoenix and Dallas are 2 major relocation spots. Dallas wasnt surprising, but Phoenix was.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
im in Dayton right now...soon as you leave the inner city all you see is Trump signs in ppls yards.

matter fact the East side of the city which is the more white side has hella Trump signs

poor white ppl LOVE Trump :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Could be demographic shifts. Ppl from Ohio that would vote blue May have moved out or more red moved in. That’s the explanation for Arizona shifting. A lot of Cali ppl moved there the last few years. These sorts of demographic transitions may be big in 2022 and beyond. With corona and increasing work from home a lot of ppl been moving out of major cities this year. When her or not it’s permanent or temporary is to be seen but if permanent it’s going to effect future elections. There’s already a thought of Texas flipping blue in the future

You know what, that actually makes sense

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
We used to have alot of union workers for all the car manufacturing plants. They voted blue because republicans are anti union and pro business owners. But a bunch of those factories closed and they all relocated to plants in other states
Exactly why we need multiple parties instead of two so these pro-union and pro-workers' rights industrial workers and manual laborers will not feel like voting for a party that they know will screw them over

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Ohio got world class universities, which tends to harbor and develop liberal thinking, and still manages to be red. This is funny seeing that states with big universities and an highly to decently educated population vote Democrat i.e. Massachusetts, California and even Virgina but Ohio is the major exception lol. Even Michigan still has major Democratic leaders, shout out to Big Gretch.

its called brain drain- all these educated Ohioians- get their degree and liberal mindset and move to liberal cities. My wife is a prime example of this- went to OSU and moved to NY after college