Why is Roman still referred to as the Undisputed Champion?

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Since the World Heavyweight Championship exists, Roman is no longer the sole world champion in the company, which means he's no longer undisputed.

Also, they finally decided to give him a new title as a reward for reaching 1,000 days (which was my idea), but couldn't they just call it the WWE Championship? It's not like we need the Universal Championship anymore, and with Seth holding the WHC, Roman being the WWE Universal Champion no longer means anything.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Because it's still 2 lineages but now 1 title, but not unified, because both lineages are continuing. It's still the WWE title and the Universal title, hence why it's called "Undisputed WWE Universal Championship", it's just represented as 1 title belt instead of 2 from what I can gather from what they've given us.

My guess is, unless they change it, that whoever defeats Roman for the Undisputed title, that the WWE title history and Universal title history will begin for them at the same time. They haven't added a new link or new icon for the Undisputed title on their title history page, at least not yet. They were pretty quick getting the WHC title history page and icon up after Seth won the title. I feel they did this as to continue Roman's 1000+ days as a champion and not have it end on some technicality.

Until they change anything on their title history page this is how I can see it playing out.

2 title icon links here

Scroll down. Still two title lineage here. No icon for the new belt.

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Because it's still 2 lineages but now 1 title, but not unified, because both lineages are continuing. It's still the WWE title and the Universal title, hence why it's called "Undisputed WWE Universal Championship", it's just represented as 1 title belt instead of 2 from what I can gather from what they've given us.

My guess is, unless they change it, that whoever defeats Roman for the Undisputed title, that the WWE title history and Universal title history will begin for them at the same time. They haven't added a new link or new icon for the Undisputed title on their title history page, at least not yet. They were pretty quick getting the WHC title history page and icon up after Seth won the title. I feel they did this as to continue Roman's 1000+ days as a champion and not have it end on some technicality.

Until they change anything on their title history page this is how I can see it playing out.

2 title icon links here

Scroll down. Still two title lineage here. No icon for the new belt.

I feel like this was way less complicated in 2013. They unified both titles, but they retired the World Heavyweight Championship at the same time.

I still think they should have had Roman hold both titles and defend them separately instead of combining them into one title. Then he could have dropped the WWE Championship at some point and continued his reign as Universal Champion. They're just giving themselves extra work.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Since the World Heavyweight Championship exists, Roman is no longer the sole world champion in the company, which means he's no longer undisputed.

Also, they finally decided to give him a new title as a reward for reaching 1,000 days (which was my idea), but couldn't they just call it the WWE Championship? It's not like we need the Universal Championship anymore, and with Seth holding the WHC, Roman being the WWE Universal Champion no longer means anything.

His Universal title reign is the one that truly counts for the record books and makes the run he's on as signficant as it is. So they have to prop that up as long as they can for the purposes of the story/legacy.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I feel like this was way less complicated in 2013. They unified both titles, but they retired the World Heavyweight Championship at the same time.

I still think they should have had Roman hold both titles and defend them separately instead of combining them into one title. Then he could have dropped the WWE Championship at some point and continued his reign as Universal Champion. They're just giving themselves extra work.
I agree but what can we do. :yeshrug: