Why is the Bronx considered the worst borough in NYC?

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Did not even see Venice Beach, we visited Los Feliz, Silverlake, Boyle Heights, Malibu, Calabasas

So... the Westside? Which is exactly what I said???

There's so much to Los Angeles, and you nikkas stay going to Downtown and the Westside

:sas1:

And since when are you seeing a significant amount of homeless people in Malibu? Malibu PD stay on the homeless necks :mjpls:

Maybe you saw an encampment near the beach, and if you use your head, that totally makes sense.

What a lot of you cats don't realize is, would you rather be homeless in the blazing deserts of Arizona, Nevada and Texas? The bitter winters of Colorado, Philly and Boston? The sewer rat infested streets of New York City?

Or, if you're going to be homeless, next to a beach that looks like this year round?

This the part y'all don't want to talk about. LA has a large amount of homeless people because it's far more comfortable here. A lot of those homeless people are transients and transplants just looking for a comfortable place to be homeless.

Few years ago, I had a barber that put me on game. He was from Philly. He told me that he specifically traveled to California because when he was homeless, at least he could have a shower on the beach, and the temperature was 65-75 year round. That was when it clicked for me. :ohhh:

romeodunn

Pro
Daps
So... the Westside? Which is exactly what I said???

:sas1:

And since when are you seeing a significant amount of homeless people in Malibu? Malibu PD stay on the homeless necks :mjpls:

Maybe you saw an encampment near the beach, and if you use your head, that totally makes sense.

What a lot of you cats don't realize is, would you rather be homeless in the blazing deserts of Arizona, Nevada and Texas? The bitter winters of Colorado, Philly and Boston? The sewer rat infested streets of New York City?

Or, if you're going to be homeless, next to a beach that looks like this year round?

This the part y'all don't want to talk about. LA has a large amount of homeless people because it's far more comfortable here. A lot of those homeless people are transients and transplants just looking for a comfortable place to be homeless.

Few years ago, I had a barber that put me on game. He was from Philly. He told me that he specifically traveled to California because when he was homeless, at least he could have a shower on the beach, and the temperature was 65-75 year round. That was when it clicked for me. :ohhh:

I actually really liked Los Feliz and Silverlake but Downtown LA ain't shyt. And like I said, as a major city NYC shyts on LA. But in terms of weather SoCal is still the GOAT. My favorite city in the US is San Diego by the way.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I actually really liked Los Feliz and Silverlake but Downtown LA ain't shyt. And like I said, as a major city NYC shyts on LA. But in terms of weather SoCal is still the GOAT. My favorite city in the US is San Diego by the way.

I'm all for California Love in any form that takes :hubie:

I try to represent my state and city wherever I'm at in the world, so if you rocking with San Diego, I fukks with you :salute:

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
nikka smd. I was born and raised in bk , moron. Miss me with that cac shyt.

I didnt even specifically say “black people” , you dumb fukking cac. I said dusty nikkas meaning new yorkers in general.

Smh @ some goofy with a 2017 join date trying to tell me where im from :what:

Ive been on the sohh/coli since 2008 repping brooklyn. fukk outta here and suck my dikk, p*ssy.
:picard:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone had asked if the Bronx has suburbs and I had to stop to think. And I gotta say that Yokers, Mt. Vernon and New Rochelle are all I could come up with but they are cities unto themselves. How can a borough have cities as suburbs? :ohlawd:

The Bronx really just has that much juice when you look at it.

suburb; plural noun: suburbs
an outlying district of a city, especially a residential one

Much of the bronx fits this definition. Being in throgs neck is like being in many suburban areas of LI or New England

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Aka tourist central. Of course you werent impressed.

As for worst borough, Subjective to where youre from.

Staten island and bronx are the two ends of the spectrum. Brooklyn and queens are prolly the nicest places to live but with manhattan being the center, best to visit.

A lot of nycers are really ignorant to how staten island has developed. Its not all white people anymore, but atleast the people there are multi generational new yorkers. honestly cant say that with some of the more popular boroughs.

And the ferry is underrated. Might take longer but i rather be on the ferry, on the outside deck on the water in the summer with a few beers from the concession stand than stuck in a smelly subway car.

But if you dont have any plans in general, theres no need to leave any borough. I been to queens like 3x for work. I felt zero need to return.
I'm not hating on the ferry at all but chances are you're hopping on that same smelly subway car unless the only business bringing you into the city is in FIDI :comeon:
914 in the building. I'm from New Rochelle:myman:

Bro. Did you know that Mount Vernon and Yonkers was almost part of NYC?

In 1894, the voters of Mount Vernon participated in a referendum on whether they wanted to consolidate into a new "City of Greater New York." The cities of Brooklyn (Kings County) and Long Island City, the western towns and villages of Queens County, and all of day Staten Island all voted to join with Manhattan and The Bronx. However, the returns were so negative in Mount Vernon and the adjacent city of Yonkers that those two areas were not included in the consolidated city and remain independent to this day

It's fascinating because compared to the rest of Westchester County, Yonkers and Mount Vernon has the most urban landscape
It's fukked up how the city of Mount Vernon has let down Black property owners with that shytty sewer system :mjpls:
That’s because the Jews there do not like claiming the Bronx. Instead they treat it like a separate town. Even the p*ssy realtors mark this area as “Riverdale” and not “The Bronx”
Reminds me of when these started realtors renaming parts of Bed Stuy as "East Williamsburg" or "Stuyvesant Heights." In fairness, I knew plenty of Black folks hung up on the Stuyvesant Heights moniker before the colonizers arrived.
The best pizza on Arthur Ave lol

Don’t gotta go all the way out there for that

Cuts and Slices black owned is also revolutionizing the pizza business in NYC
When they opened on Howard Ave, it was a game changer :whew:

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
Buffalonians are from New York too, so in theory they could say New York and it's truth, correct?

But I've never met anybody from Buffalo abroad, who introduced themselves, as "I'm from New York". They always say "I'm from Buffalo" even though it isn't a technical lie if they say "I'm from New York"...

Rochesterians say "I'm from Rochester, NY". Albanians say "I'm from Albany". Its always the NYers from these offbrand cities saying "I'm from New York", places from as far away as Plattsburgh or Newburgh, or as close in as Hempstead or Roosevelt. Because these nikkas know how it sounds, they know how "I'm from New York" sounds. It don't sound like a nikka means he from Nassau 🤣 we know this, bro...

My point is, I don't actually have an issue with this, I'm just pointing out the double standards with how you guys talk about LA as compared to yourselves. I'll meet two NY nikkas in one place, say in Charlotte, one is from Brooklyn, the other could be from somewhere deep in Westchester like Elmsford, and the BK nikka doesn't say, "oh you ain't from NY". You nikkas in this thread talking about how Compton and Inglewood aren't Los Angeles, but yall let New Rochelle and Mount Vernon nikkas demo like City nikkas lmao...

Again, this isnt something that bothers me, all that shyt is close enough to The Boroughs, I already know it isn't The Boroughs, bit it's close enough it doesn't matter to nitpick. They influenced by Borough nikkas regardless...

💯 well you are from The Boroughs, YOU don't have to specify where you from unless specifically asked, because you from The Five...

It's the nikkas who aren't from The Five who say "I'm from NY" who need to be specific 😂...

I get you on corny stereotypes though, do you know how many corny stereotypes I've heard about California? One of the oldest ones that came up often, was, "ya Cali nikkas not really about money, ya about that weak gang shyt. We get money over here". Heard that from nikkas from NY to NC to GA, like, it defies all reality that California street dudes aren't about money. People don't understand The Culture, so there's this assumption we not paper chasers and that was never true at any point of Cali's black street history. Not in LA, not in Oakland, not in Sacramento, not in San Diego. But that perception was allowed to exist for a long time...

So I definitely understand and hate the corny stereotypes! 😆
you don’t know what your talking about, I was born in newburgh and we say we from upstate ny.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
you don’t know what your talking about, I was born in newburgh and we say we from upstate ny.
I used to date a girl from there many years ago, she repped herself as from Newburgh---->after first introducing herself as "I'm from New York"...

Here's a different question, down in the Hudson Valley what do yall consider "Upstate"? I spent alot of time in Western New York, Western New Yorkers don't typically view themselves as being from Upstate...