Why isn't Father's Day as important as Mother's Day?

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Last Mother's I went to church and it was PACKED. I went today for and to was empty af. I don't even see as many gift advertisements for Father's Day. I celebrate my parents everyday so i guess it don't really matter.
Happy Father's Day to the incredible dads on the coli and if you're a deadbeat go to hell :smile: .

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
cause this is some made up day that means nothing like [insert any weird sounding name that you can read of an calendar that ends with day, e.g. April fools day]

love my pops,by the way!!

Daps
Most woman have kids by bums and screw the same dude so fathers arent there at a high rate. Idk why having kids is important personally but to some it is. Most men have kids to pound they chest that they get p*ssy

InfinateOpulance

All Star
Daps
Men don't carry babies for 9 months, nor do they breast feed. Its easier for them to bounce if they're not feeling the woman they willingly put their sperm in. But this is common knowledge.

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Because society doesnt place as much value on 'men' as they do 'women'.

This is behavior from both genders, too. Most men care about women more than men, and most women care about women more than men.

EDIT - I think this phenomenon is rooted in our traditional gender roles. Males are expected to be functional, tough, emotionless, working machines while women were thought of as tender, caring, delicate flowers. The reality of it being much different but I believe we still feel that way for the most part, instinctually.

Therefore, you'd be pressed to show your appreciation to your mother but you'd expect your dad to be nonchalant about receiving gifts and being taken care of. Which is how society feels.

Last edited:

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Because we're socialized to believe that mothers are more important than father's when in fact both parents should share the same level of importance.
Another reason why Father's Day isn't nowhere near as important as Mother's day is due to subversive marketing/commercials.
Local eateries and other businesses have Mother's Day specials while Father's Day specials are virtually non-existent.​

Daps
Fathers don't like church. They would rather stay home a watch the game. :yeshrug:

People don't really have fathers in their lives that are worth celebrating, so they don't think about it much.:yeshrug:

Men aren't into big celebrations. At least the men I know aren't. :yeshrug:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Because no one gives a fukk about the father and they feelings usually... Not like that.. And usually they don't care either

For fathers day I went to a family get together where my Dad, Aunt, and grandfather argued for damn near an hour...

Then everybody sat around watching baseball games, movies, pictures of the cruises, exchanging gifts, etc.

My uncle went to his fam house to a bbq (actually he went to drink and smoke with his brother). I notice men don't ask for much, don't care about gifts, pictures, etc. its usually women that need to be "shown" regularly that you care. Like with my exes... They took every holiday like it was a day where I had to do some shyt to show how important they are to me.

Then you got them fukkers that put the dad on social media after not seeing a pic of him all year..:camby:

My main pic is of me and my dad all year, not just for fake fathers day:camby:

I'm gonna hang with my dad for a minute then take my ass to sleep. Love him to death and I do whatever he needs and vice versa so its not like we got to bullshyt around