.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Why the Trolls Will Always Win

Skip Article Header. Skip to: Start of Article.
  • AUTHOR: KATHY SIERRA.KATHY SIERRA
  • DATE OF PUBLICATION: 10.08.14.10.08.14
  • TIME OF PUBLICATION: 4:49 PM.4:49 PM
WHY THE TROLLS WILL ALWAYS WIN

Andrew 'Weev' Auernheimer
gallery-cam@2x.png
Fayetteville Police/Handout

EDITORS’ NOTE: This post was first published on Kathy Sierra’s blog SeriousPony. We are republishing it here unedited and in its entirety with her introductory note at the beginning.1

[Note: I didn’t want to have to write this. But here it is. I’m not linking it to the blog, and it won’t likely stay up long, but you are welcome to contact me here if you want to put it somewhere else before I take it down. It is long and rambling and unedited and one of the few things I’ve written that I wrote mostly for myself. It is all I ever hope to have to say about it. Also? Content warning.]

This month is the 10-year anniversary of my first online threat. I thought it was a one-off, then. Just one angry guy. And it wasn’t really THAT bad. But looking back, it was the canary in the coal mine… the first hint that if I kept on this path, it would not end well. And what was that path? We’ll get to that in a minute.

Later I learned that the first threat had nothing to do with what I actually made or said in my books, blog posts, articles, and conference presentations. The real problem — as my first harasser described — was that others were beginning to pay attention to me. He wrote as if mere exposure to my work was harming his world.

KATHY SIERRA
ABOUT

Kathy Sierra is a writer, thinker, and animal lover.

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
Jordan, Jasmine, Jolie, Julius
Honestly Amethyst, some of these guys that "troll" you aren't trolls, but are rather calling you out on your lies and exaggerations.

How in one post you grew up rich and lived in a pw neighborhood, but posts later, you were poor, then you had another post claiming your father was a black panther and you were educated at a boarding school. I mean is it oochie wally or one mic.

Your lies are never consistent, that what fukks you up

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Honestly Amethyst, some of these guys that "troll" you aren't trolls, but are rather calling you out in your lies and exaggerations.

How in one post you grew up rich and lived in a pw neighborhood, but posts later, you were poor, then you had another post claiming your father was a black panther and you were educated at a boarding school. I mean is it oochie wally or one mic.

:wow:

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
Honestly Amethyst, some of these guys that "troll" you aren't trolls, but are rather calling you out in your lies and exaggerations.

Speak on it.