Will Kaepernick's Stance Impact High Schools?

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
I wonder will high school teams start sitting during the national anthem...especially at basketball games this year. How have kids in your area been responding to his stance?

9673387_G.jpg

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
I didn't even know they sang that shyt at high school games. I definitely don't remember them doing it at any games I went to
They always did it before our games,,,entire conference

Daps
I didn't even know they sang that shyt at high school games. I definitely don't remember them doing it at any games I went to

I think they used to play a recorded instrumental at our games

But anyways, yea, HSers are already with it. Saw this story while I was at the gym earlier:

WORCESTER – A Doherty Memorial High School football player who kneeled in protest during the playing of the national anthem at a game last Friday has not been suspended, despite the player’s initial claim on social media, according to the School Department.

Superintendent Maureen Binienda said Monday morning that the student's coach told him school officials might meet to discuss the potential punishment of a one-game suspension. But Ms. Binienda said no such penalty will be given.

“That’s against the law,” she said, because the player, Michael Oppong, was engaging in peaceful protest. “There’s absolutely no discipline that’s happening with that.”

Sean Mulcahy, Doherty’s head football coach, could not be reached for comment Monday.

Mr. Oppong, a running back for the Highlanders, positioned himself on one knee, amid his standing teammates, during the playing of the anthem before the team's game against Leominster. The gesture was similar to silent protests some NFL players have made in recent weeks during the playing of the anthem, starting with San Francisco 49ers' quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s decision to sit through the song in NFL preseason games last month.

On social media, a tweet from an account appearing to be Mr. Oppong's indicates his action drew a one-game suspension from school officials. The tweet was posted Sunday. The next morning, the same account, which has the handle @Oppong_5 and named Black Lives Matter, said the suspension had been lifted.

But Ms. Binienda on Monday said Doherty’s principal, Sally Maloney, did not actually start investigating the incident until Monday morning. She and other school officials ultimately concluded Mr. Oppong did not act wrongly; the district does suspend students for disrupting a ceremony, Ms. Binienda explained, but the student’s apparent protest did not fit that category.

On Monday after the team’s practice, Mr. Oppong called his initial claims of being suspended a “miscommunication” between him and his coach.
No discipline for Doherty player's silent protest during anthem

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
My son 7
They dont even do that shyt
They got like a lil positive chant they say about learning and being a productive member of society

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
They did and been getting suspended 4 it, which is some ho shyt

KING: Black children threatened for taking a knee in protest

KING: Black children take a knee in protest, and are being called n----rs and threatened with lynching

The Beaumont Bulls are a team of elementary and middle school-age boys from Beaumont, Texas. On Saturday morning, before their game, every player and coach decided to take a knee in solidarity with Kaepernick and the growing list of NFL players who have done the same thing. Within hours of the news breaking locally, parents say, death threats and racial slurs began pouring in.

April Parkerson, whose son plays on the team said, "Our children are receiving death threats from people saying things like hang those monkeys, they should've died on 9/11, and they're going to kill each other anyway."

These cacs should be glad it's only a knee and not an outright backturn or raised fist of black pride. Yet they still have the nerve to THREATEN LIVES.

Boolean

APIDTA
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY ENTERTAINMENT

KING: Black children take a knee in protest, and are being called n----rs and threatened with lynching

The Beaumont Bulls are a team of elementary and middle school-age boys from Beaumont, Texas. On Saturday morning, before their game, every player and coach decided to take a knee in solidarity with Kaepernick and the growing list of NFL players who have done the same thing. Within hours of the news breaking locally, parents say, death threats and racial slurs began pouring in.

April Parkerson, whose son plays on the team said, "Our children are receiving death threats from people saying things like hang those monkeys, they should've died on 9/11, and they're going to kill each other anyway."

These cacs should be glad it's only a knee and not an outright backturn or raised fist of black pride. Yet they still have the nerve to THREATEN LIVES.

b-b-but when all the racist old people die racism gonna be over :smh:

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse

Keep proving the protesters' point, dumb asses