Will the recent barrage of sexual assault/r@pe allegations accelerate the legalization of prostitution in the USA?

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it ever were to become legal (fully), there are already certain things that are trending in that direction.

For example, people on Twitter trying to legitimize "sex work" and frame it as something that shouldn't be seen as shameful, seeking arrangement and sugar daddy culture, etc.

Even though prostitutes can also claim r@pe and other forms of sexual assault, things would probably be more cut and dry with them beforehand. There is probably less of a chance that they'll come back 15-30 years later trying to take your money by claiming r@pe/sexual assault.

Side observations:

-Why haven't all these similar threads been compiled into a mega-thread yet? While there are some accusations that do hold some weight, the majority of them seem to be made by women who have hit the wall, and probably don't have much in their savings for retirement, so this is their "Hail Mary" play.

-Someone in the other thread mentioned why people like Nas and 50 are not being accused. 50 had an old line in a song or an interview where he said that he was going to have cameras all over his house to avoid false accusations--something along the lines of: "Y'all ain't gon' do me like y'all did Tyson." Whether he actually carried that out is a whole other thing, but it is something that was on his mind.
Nas may not have been accused of sexual assault, but he was accused of beating women before. Maybe he'll get accused of something else sooner or later. God forbid, but all someone has to do is make a claim. That's it.

*Funny thing, before you post a new thread it shows similar threads from before, and I noticed that I had made a thread titled something like "Will covid-19 accelerate the legalization of prostitution?". It makes it seem like I really want this prostitution thing to be legalized, but that's just a coincidence... I live around Jackson Heights anyway so...

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
The leap in logic and correlation you made while pushing that create button

spider-man2-spider-man.gif

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Rape has nothing to do with lack of access to sex. Really an embarrassing group of men on here smh

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Imagine a prostitute claiming sexual assault.

You took 2 more strokes after she said stop

:francis: