Will Trump Cause a Resurgence In Black Political Activity?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are black folks still fukking with the Democrats? Is it not obvious yet that this is a party that doesn't give a shyt about you?

There will be no meaningful movement in black politics until this is understood. Stop fukking with establishment. We need to go as off the political grid as possible.

We need to get extreme and unafraid of the law. Urban areas need to form tenants unions and bust up greedy landlords. We need to take over abandon buildings and start that urban farming. We need to start our own currencies and fukk the US dollar. I'm talking all out, balls to the wall, "fukk you" to establishment politics and corporate association. A straight up renaissance. A straight up revolution.

Come one people. The dems have been fukking us for decades!!!!
Until you understand racism, white-supremacy everything else you think you understand will confuse you

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I think Trump already is a sort of wakeup call for us, we need to to vote for whoever represents our interests regardless of party line (and that includes independents) we also need to come to a consensus on what our platform/agenda is and stick to that.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The problem is that black-first candidates are seemingly un-electable.

Black politicians usually have to water down their platform to make it more palatable to white voters. Unfortunately, whites are much more politically enaged than their black counterparts, and it's especially hard to engage young black voters.
This I think is the irony of the whole situation. Black politicians who focus on very liberal platforms have to convince the younger (black) populations that are typically turned-off about politics. Marketers say that it costs five times as much to attract a new customer, than to keep an existing one and I'd imagine the odds are similar for getting someone already interested in politics to vote for you on a centrist platform vs convincing a young person who thinks that the establishment is the problem (as evidenced in this thread).

They say that the activist reign supreme during the midterm elections though so if there is a time to be more liberal, I suppose now is the time.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is the question that needs to be answered first.

none of the options are perfect, but any idea of 'all or nothing' is just dumb. that said, imo...

most black folks are sensible and understand the democrat platform aligns best with most black folks challenges and goals compared to the other options.

republicans are fiscally, socially, and environmentally non starters for anyone who's not rich or masochist.

libertarians want to straddle the fence, but lean to the right and more likely to support the bootstraps train of thought, free market, and states rights although they call it 'individual rights'.

i commend the idea of creating a party more in tune with the needs of black people. i think that's more likely to splinter out of the dem party though.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
none of the options are perfect, but any idea of 'all or nothing' is just dumb. that said, imo...

most black folks are sensible and understand the democrat platform aligns best with most black folks challenges and goals compared to the other options.

republicans are fiscally, socially, and environmentally non starters for anyone who's not rich or masochist.

libertarians want to straddle the fence, but lean to the right and more likely to support the bootstraps train of thought, free market, and states rights although they call it 'individual rights'.

i commend the idea of creating a party more in tune with the needs of black people. i think that's more likely to splinter out of the dem party though.

:duck: Democrats peddle goals and promises they know they wont follow but gets them votes. They use the "Republicans will destroy you, we can save you" tactic.