WOAT Genre Of Music

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But if you want beautiful traditional African music then the griot Sahelian west African music is the place to start :wow:

Sona Jobarteh in particular. Her music is some of the most beautiful i've ever heard :mjcry:

100 percent

whole live set touched my soul like nothing I heard before

just so natural and to the root, instinctual

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Heavy metal is easily the worst. All the other genres named I can get at least a little enjoyment out of those but there ain’t one thing enjoyable about heavy metal

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Honestly, those "worst" genre of music depends on the artist and their productive team.

Songs that are rushed, mixed by a lazy sound engineer or lack structure/creativity = fast food music. Pushing quick material to remain relevant in the industry.

Bluegrass has its roots in folk music. Some of the earliest black artists of notereity was Elizabeth Cotton. She was a left handed guitarist who invented her style of playing called "cotton picking". God bless her soul

Reggaeton or Reggae en Espanol owes its roots to the Afro Panamanians . It became popular in Puerto Rico due it's commercial success on the island. When you listen to the original Reggae en Espanol, you'll notice a lot of influences such as Calypso and Soca. While El General was the main export of Reggae en Espanol, Nando Boom led by Fernando Brown was the first to put it on wax. Turn your headphones up

T

Wanna know what's interesting?! A lot of black genres all have a common denominator such as the clave rhythm.

Afro Peruvian Music

The clave rhythm has many variations. In the states, Bo Diddley was the first to promote it!

Now with Afrobeats, we must discern the difference between the Afrobeat funk percussive sound created by Fela Kuti and the Afrobeats which is more electronic.

In Ivory Coast, the clave rhythm was called Coupe Decale

In Congo, the clave rhythm is heavily defined by the drums. Used in Ndombolo, Soukous and Rumba. In fact, it's one of the best genres of African Music!

Ndombolo