"Worthless Degrees"

Balla

Superstar
Daps
What options do those people have ? Do you know people who succeeded with "Worthless Degrees?"

What do they do if they get one? Do they go back to school and major in stem, medical, or accounting or finance if they can't get a good job? Do they go to trade school? Or do they get lucky and find good jobs?

Is it better to get a degree than to not at all? Even if it's a worthless degree?

Last edited:

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
school/connections matters heavily in these instances. i know first-hand.

you know how many humanities majors i know from harvard/yale/princeton/stanford who've finessed into management consulting or i-banking solely from the name brand value of their B.A.?

y'all gon' learn how the world works if you don't already... :wow:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Well I did hear that going to top schools like that you can get a job with any major because of the name of the school.

How do you feel about other universities?

you know how many humanities majors i know from harvard/yale/princeton/stanford who've finessed into management consulting or i-banking solely from the name brand value of their B.A.?

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a useless degree.

I’m pretty successful.

Work hard. Find your best skill and develop that. Treat everyone well. Be likeable. And just be really good at one thing and you’ll always have a job. Being good is more important than your credentials in most situations that don’t require specific professional training. If you’re good and reasonably likeable you’ll develop a reputation in your organization and industry.

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps

How many of those people were black?

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I've probably said this a million times in threads like this, but College is just a big networking opportunity. You can get a lot farther regardless of your degree if you really try hard on making the right connections. If you plan on just sitting their and hoping a great GPA will get you into a job, you'll probably be shot out of luck even if you're in a STEM field.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Ive learned from the military its not how good you are at your job its how well people like you. I know straight up useless motherfukker promoting because people like they asses :mjpls:

So I'm gueswing the same rules apply in,the real worlds its not so much the degree you have but who you know:upsetfavre:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Communications
BINGO!

I never understood why so many kids major in "Communications". Is it supposed to be easy or some shyt? :why:
Sometimes i feel like it's one of those majors where after you've been in school for 6 years taking bullshyt easy classes and suddenly need to graduate so a counselor just looks at all the useless classes on your transcript that didnt teach you much skills and goes:
"Well we can fit those into a Communications degree curriculum and you'll walk/graduate next friday" :ld:
And the student does a fist-pump /shimmy and walks in graduation day

EDIT: no disrespect to anyone with a communications degree, BTW.

Last edited:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Lol well I put stem, accounting and finances as the useful degrees, medical is too. I just heard anything other than those are useless.

Oh, I thought we were gonna just list worthless degrees. I’ll do it anyway

Communications
Cultural Studies
Art
English