Would You Date A Person Who Has Aspergers?

Giselle

Daps
I'm not talking about extreme autism. The highly functional people. They look normal but act awkward.

Here are some of the symptoms.
What Are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?

The symptoms of Asperger's syndrome vary and can range from mild to severe. Common symptoms include:
  • Problems with social skills: Children with Asperger's syndrome generally have difficulty interacting with others and often are awkward in social situations. They generally do not make friends easily. They have difficulty initiating and maintaining conversation.
  • Eccentric or repetitive behaviors: Children with this condition may develop odd, repetitive movements, such as hand wringing or finger twisting.
  • Unusual preoccupations or rituals: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop rituals that he or she refuses to alter, such as getting dressed in a specific order.
  • Communication difficulties: People with Asperger's syndrome may not make eye contact when speaking with someone. They may have trouble using facial expressions and gestures, and understanding body language. They also tend to have problems understanding language in context and are very literal in their use of language.
  • Limited range of interests: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop an intense, almost obsessive, interest in a few areas, such as sports schedules, weather, or maps.
  • Coordination problems: The movements of children with Asperger's syndrome may seem clumsy or awkward.
  • Skilled or talented: Many children with Asperger's syndrome are exceptionally talented or skilled in a particular area, such as music or math.

& These are my questions :queen: lol
Are you autistic? Can people usually tell that there's something wrong with you? Do you know anyone with autism? Would you date someone with autism?Why/whynot? If you have autism, is dating difficult for you? If so, how?

I guess people with social anxiety and socially awkward people can answer these questions too. They all sound very similar in symptoms.

Answer my questions please. Thanks! :smile:

Giselle

Daps
I have it ... its just more of an aloofness in my case, I can cover it up pretty easy by acting uninterested and separating myself from people
Thanks for answering.
Did a doctor diagnose you? How old are you? How do you date? Do you have any friends? How do you act at work? Are you a virgin? Are you black? How often do you tell people that you have aspergers?

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Thanks for answering.
Did a doctor diagnose you? How old are you? How do you date? Do you have any friends? How do you act at work? Are you a virgin? Are you black? How often do you tell people that you have aspergers?

I just found out recently but I knew I wasnt right ... I figured it was just how I was ... Im 28 and I date wisely I guess... I never had a problem with it but being "mysterious" can push alot of people away regardless so I only really attract real cool people at this age now. Personally I dont work, but when I did it was hard if I had a job dealing with people ... and I used to get upset alot for going against the grain and forcing myself into situations that I shouldnt have been in. I am actually half black and for the most part now, I tell people I have aspergers cause it answers alot more questions easily at my age instead of making people either think im a weirdo or think im just portraying a role. I can fake it enough to pass as normal if need be honestly, I would say a person like Prince had Aspergers too because basically everything we knew about him from an outsiders perspective show signs of it. Personally I dont have alot of friends and havent for a long time because my mind simmers and works at a different pace... I meet and know people but have a hard time bonding or relating to what they like to do because I am wired very different. I still appreciate them for being them, but its hard to get someone to understand why you tick and do what you do. Luckily all of my hobbies (writing, all types of instruments and theory, computer programming) all let me have space where I can move and do things at my own pace.

doctors have a hard time diagnosing something like it because it varies just like depression ... I think it is more easy to detect if you're around a person for a long time because signs cant be hidden under close examination.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Kent is not autistic nor does he have aspergers. He has none of those things listed. He repeats what he says a lot, I think he just needs to join toast masters and work on his speech and speaking skills.

Being socially awkward doesn't mean something is wrong with you. A lot of nerds and nerdy people are awkward around most people besides for their family and friends. Then they interact and seem very outgoing.

Giselle

Daps
I just found out recently but I knew I wasnt right ... I figured it was just how I was ... Im 28 and I date wisely I guess... I never had a problem with it but being "mysterious" can push alot of people away regardless so I only really attract real cool people at this age now. Personally I dont work, but when I did it was hard if I had a job dealing with people ... and I used to get upset alot for going against the grain and forcing myself into situations that I shouldnt have been in. I am actually half black and for the most part now, I tell people I have aspergers cause it answers alot more questions easily at my age instead of making people either think im a weirdo or think im just portraying a role. I can fake it enough to pass as normal if need be honestly, I would say a person like Prince had Aspergers too because basically everything we knew about him from an outsiders perspective show signs of it. Personally I dont have alot of friends and havent for a long time because my mind simmers and works at a different pace... I meet and know people but have a hard time bonding or relating to what they like to do because I am wired very different. I still appreciate them for being them, but its hard to get someone to understand why you tick and do what you do. Luckily all of my hobbies (writing, all types of instruments and theory, computer programming) all let me have space where I can move and do things at my own pace.

doctors have a hard time diagnosing something like it because it varies just like depression ... I think it is more easy to detect if you're around a person for a long time because signs cant be hidden under close examination.
Thanks.

How do you make money if you don't work? Disability check? Are you a virgin? Do you get anxiety?