Wow brehs... I'm reading about the DOGON tribe from the mountains Mali, untouched by white slavery.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
Yes.

There religious beliefs are also very similar to Ancient Egyptians. We have to understand that most of these ethnic groups in coastal West Africans are very RECENT in that area. They either come from more northern or in fact from east Africa.

Any other groups with a similar history like this? I think maybe the Fulani were known for traveling back and forth from west-east if I'm not mistaken.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Actually only the stupidest Whites and Arabs are now claiming that nonsense. If you notice things lately; educated Whites and Arabs no longer claim that.

Educated Whites and Arabs now claim that it doesn't matter who the Egyptians were. That is their way of acknowledging that the Egyptians are clearly of Sub-Saharan African origins; which DNA testing, cultural similarities and archeological evidence is clearly pointing out.

exactly. I'm glad you see this too. It all of a sudden "doesn't matter" the race, however for the past 300+ years that it was assumed they were white folk. Whites have portrayed these dudes as whites in all their movies AND documentaries. Now all of a sudden race doesn't matter. Same bullshyt argument these cacs are taking in regards to the Carthaginians and Hannibal.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Any other groups with a similar history like this? I think maybe the Fulani were known for traveling back and forth from west-east if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, its true that the Fulani always migrated back and forth between West and East. But I am not sure if they come from East Africa as their culture and Y-DNA does not hint that, but I do know for certain that they do come more northern. Hell so do the Soninke people who now live more southern use to live more north in Mauritania.

But if you're really interested to see which West African ethnic groups may come from the East, I have heard some convincing stuff that the Yoruba people of Nigeria may in fact come from the area of Nubia/Sudan... And their migration to West Africa may have been triggered by the invading hyksos.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, its true that the Fulani always migrated back and forth between West and East. But I am not sure if they come from East Africa as their culture and Y-DNA does not hint that, but I do know for certain that they do come more northern. Hell so do the Soninke people who now live more southern use to live more north in Mauritania.

But if you're really interested to see which West African ethnic groups may come from the East, I have heard some convincing stuff that the Yoruba people of Nigeria may in fact come from the area of Nubia/Sudan... And their migration to West Africa may have been triggered by the invading hyksos.

I have always assumed that the fulbe or fula (fulani) people are from in and around current Mali. I know that they are not originally from Nigeria. But they did a lot of migrating; so it is hard to tell where they are originally from.

One of the groups that surprised me about their origins were the Tikar people. The Tikar people (Bamoun and Bamilike) are grassland people that are currently in Cameroon near the Nigeria border. No one knows exactly when the Tikar arrived in their current location or even where they originally came from, but it is clear that during the transatlantic slave trade they were forced South by the religious Jihads of the Fulani (and Hausa) people; but by moving South they were being pinched by slave traders that transported them to the Douala ports in Cameroon. The Tikar people as it turns out are from the ancient Kingdom of Kush which is modern day Sudan. It appears that the Fulani may have originally been from the Sudan too.

Tikar people - World Afropedia

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I have always assumed that the fulbe or fula (fulani) people are from in and around current Mali. I know that they are not originally from Nigeria. But they did a lot of migrating; so it is hard to tell where they are originally from.

One of the groups that surprised me about their origins were the Tikar people. The Tikar people (Bamoun and Bamilike) are grassland people that are currently in Cameroon near the Nigeria border. No one knows exactly when the Tikar arrived in their current location or even where they originally came from, but it is clear that during the transatlantic slave trade they were forced South by the religious Jihads of the Fulani (and Hausa) people; but by moving South they were being pinched by slave traders that transported them to the Douala ports in Cameroon. The Tikar people as it turns out are from the ancient Kingdom of Kush which is modern day Sudan. It appears that the Fulani may have originally been from the Sudan too.

Of course the Fulani people are not originally from Nigeria. They came as Jihadist especially during the Sokoto Caliphate conquest. But again I do not know if they are from the East. Most Fulani groups in the Sudan if I remember correctly are recent migrants.

But as far as the Tikar people. Good find!:whoo:

Do you know if the Tikar people religious beliefs are similar to those in Ancient Egypt? What I find very interesting is that if you check most of these ethnic groups in West Africa, we find that they recently migrated there. The Dogon, Yoruba, Tikar and others. They have not been there during very early antiquity or bronze age where during that period Ancient Egypt was most active. This is why I am beginning to no longer look at the idea of certain West African ethnic groups migrating from Egypt as "Afrocentric nonsense" like I use this. This is why I am agreeing more and more with @Poitier statement of why there is a civilization timeline GAP between Ancient Egypt and West Africa.

The Bamielke people of Cameroon also are said to come from Ancient Egypt. We have to understand that the West African region is not monolithic. And that different groups of people migrated to that area during different periods.

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course the Fulani people are not originally from Nigeria. They came as Jihadist especially during the Sokoto Caliphate conquest. But again I do not know if they are from the East. Most Fulani groups in the Sudan if I remember correctly are recent migrants.

Do you know if the Tikar people religious beliefs are similar to those in Ancient Egypt? What I find very interesting is that if you check most of these ethnic groups in West Africa, we find that they recently migrated there. The Dogon, Yoruba, Tikar and others. They have not been there during very early antiquity or bronze age where during that period Ancient Egypt was most active. This is why I am beginning to no longer look at the idea of certain West African ethnic groups migrating from Egypt as "Afrocentric nonsense" like I use this. This is why I am agreeing more and more with @Poitier statement of why there is a civilization timeline GAP between Ancient Egypt and West Africa.

The Bamielke people of Cameroon also are said to come from Ancient Egypt. We have to understand that the West African region is not monolithic. And that different groups of people migrated to that area during different periods.

The migration stories out of Egypt and Sudan make sense when it is considered that the Sahara Desert was drying up at the time that the migrations occurred. So I have always assumed that the people migrated West and South in Africa from Egypt and the Sudan due to habitat loss caused by the encroaching desert. We know that people and animals lived in the Sahara, because there are rocking paintings showing elephant and antelopes and all kinds of animals in the desert.

African American DNA results made me take a closer look at the Tikar people (Bamileke and Bamoun tribes). A lot of African Americans are descended from the Bamileke and Bamoun people. I am not sure about the Tikar people religions; because Bamoun people by and large converted to Islam after the Jihads of the Hausa-Fulani people. The Bamileke still hold to their beliefs in ancestral worship and many converted to Christianity. What surprised me about the Bamoun people is that the King rose to throne and his sister is a co-regent.

Bamum people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

:ohhh:

It saddens me to think how Africa has been so divided
:mjcry:
I know everything wasn't candy and bubble gum. But the fact that groups of people could migrate to the entire other side of the continent to flee persecution and be accepted like fam shows that we can unify Africa in some ways.
:wow:

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

:wow::wow::wow:
I swear I try to rep you guys every chance I get

Have any of you ever seen this map? I always took it with a grain of salt but I want to get opinions on it if its based in fact, world history, & not one of these new age "insta scholar memes"
:lupe:

View media item 8054

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
There are lots of books on the Dogon. Just Google "books on the Dogon Tribe."

Btw, I am always cynical of White people and there reasons for studying the Dogon, Yoruba, Kongo, etc. For centuries White people were so sure that Black people were savages and had no history; now White people are absolutely floored about what the customs and cultures actually represent, which is way more advanced than their own White cultures. That means that White people will now appropriate the customs and cultures for themselves just like they are always trying to appropriate Egypt for the Greeks, Romans and smelly Arabs. Just like White people have appropriated the Bible and monotheism.
White people know what Blacks created, it's about making sure the ones who are their slave don't know. IE us

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
There are lots of books on the Dogon. Just Google "books on the Dogon Tribe."

Btw, I am always cynical of White people and there reasons for studying the Dogon, Yoruba, Kongo, etc. For centuries White people were so sure that Black people were savages and had no history; now White people are absolutely floored about what the customs and cultures actually represent, which is way more advanced than their own White cultures. That means that White people will now appropriate the customs and cultures for themselves just like they are always trying to appropriate Egypt for the Greeks, Romans and smelly Arabs. Just like White people have appropriated the Bible and monotheism.
This just stresses how badly the African Diaspora needs to connect and share info.

Our lack of connection to each other has made a weakness and has been abused by racist whites for AGES.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Actually only the stupidest Whites and Arabs are now claiming that nonsense. If you notice things lately; educated Whites and Arabs no longer claim that.

Educated Whites and Arabs now claim that it doesn't matter who the Egyptians were. That is their way of acknowledging that the Egyptians are clearly of Sub-Saharan African origins; which DNA testing, cultural similarities and archeological evidence is clearly pointing out.

Not good enough for them to claim it doesnt matter who they were...and the whole Hannibal being played by a Black dude is every indication they are still holding on.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
:wow::wow::wow:
I swear I try to rep you guys every chance I get

Have any of you ever seen this map? I always took it with a grain of salt but I want to get opinions on it if its based in fact, world history, & not one of these new age "insta scholar memes"
:lupe:

View media item 8054

While the first and second maps are extremely silly and semi-psuedo science. Especially with trying to claim the Persians as "black." The last one I find most interesting. I would use it in discussions if it would lose some of the writings it has. But anyways I find it INTERESTING, because those groups listed in the map all claim they come from the Nile Valley area.

THERE ARE some good arguments that the Bantu migration could have happened from the Nile Valley, or that the Bantu migration was not "monolithic" and that there were different waves of it. One from the Nile Valley(ideally Sudan) and one from West-Central Africa. Bantus such as the Zulus, Bantu ethnics in Kenya and other Bantus claim migration from Nile Valley.
image008.jpg

image010.jpg

image012.jpg

Then we have the fact that E-M2 is in Upper Egypt but absent in Sudan.
Haplogroup+E1b1a+Migration+Map.jpg

E-M2n to me is interesting because it is already present in Upper Egypt. people merely can not simply dismiss it as it being from the Bantu migration because one it came from the Green Sahara before there was any Bantu speakers.

Also I hear that there is good arguments that Egyptian hieroglyphs have Bantu like words.

But we can't make bold claims because for one oral tradition can be slippery sloppy and can get mixed in with stuff. For example some Bantu groups We can NOT deny the obvious movement of metal working farmers speaking Niger-Kordofanian languages (ancestors of Bantu people) from west central Africa into east and Southern Africa. If the maps I posted are true than again a Bantu migration from Nile Valley is NOT mutually exclusive.

What will solve this puzzle is full on autosomal DNA of the Ancient Egyptians. To me IF CERTAIN Bantu ethnics came from the Nile Valley it would most likely have been Central Sudan near the Kushyte empire.

If this is true it would represent a doomsday for Eurocentrics.

But if your VERT interested in this topic then please subscribe to this guy and watch these videos....

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The migration stories out of Egypt and Sudan make sense when it is considered that the Sahara Desert was drying up at the time that the migrations occurred. So I have always assumed that the people migrated West and South in Africa from Egypt and the Sudan due to habitat loss caused by the encroaching desert. We know that people and animals lived in the Sahara, because there are rocking paintings showing elephant and antelopes and all kinds of animals in the desert.

African American DNA results made me take a closer look at the Tikar people (Bamileke and Bamoun tribes). A lot of African Americans are descended from the Bamileke and Bamoun people. I am not sure about the Tikar people religions; because Bamoun people by and large converted to Islam after the Jihads of the Hausa-Fulani people. The Bamileke still hold to their beliefs in ancestral worship and many converted to Christianity. What surprised me about the Bamoun people is that the King rose to throne and his sister is a co-regent.

Bamum people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting. But we should note that during the drying of the desert some of these groups went West and were already in West Africa and never dynastic Egypt. To me I think Mande people maybe an example of this...