WTF is going on in ETHIOPIA??

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
- Ethiopia and Eritrea fought a nasty war for years, finally got some leaders who decided to squash it, and one of them got a Nobel Peace Prize.
- Ethiopia decided to build a dam on their branch of the Nile, infuriating Sudan and Egypt downstream who feel entitled to the water for their own uses...even though they're downstream. Egypt in particular swore there would be problems - read, intel operations to destabilize the country - if the project continued.
- Ethiopia's current leader defeated the previous regime(largely made up of Tigray people) to be come leader; that previous regime had been in place during the wars with Eritrea.
- As the previous regime, the Tigray people in question had friendly relations with Egypt and other Arab nations, and they still have access to arms from those sources.
- The dam in Ethiopia gets finished, and like clockwork there's a Tigray attack that pops off that's meant to destabilize the current leader and his government.
- Current leader teams up with Eritrean leader(keep in mind the Eritreans remember the war and who drove it for all those years) and go in to teach the Tigray a thing or three. Atrocities reportedly follow, fingers get pointed, the usual. It also doesn't help that the Tigray home area is in a part of Ethiopia that shares a border with Eritrea.

All because Ethiopia dares to want to better itself, husband a natural resource and learn to feed itself...and a past regime is being gassed up to take power back.
:what: Sudan and Egypt are still on about this forsaken dam, holy shyt i thought they let that die out already

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
all them motherfukkers drive cars and have smart phones right:jbhmm: so if they can adopt new things like this why not the power of their blackness

Black people are not gonna claim "blackness" until a black nation somewhere on Earth becomes a world power, then everyone will claim blackness...... Same way gay blacks & feminists put their sexuality above their race - because "blackness" is weak right now.

Everyone knows about "blackness" but whats the motivation to embrace it? Is there any jobs? Any opportunities?

Until it becomes beneficial, everyone will continue to play stupid.

Black people kinda have a trans-gender mentality.... everyone on Earth sees "blackness" but we just choose to identify with whatever we feel like... Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Gay, Lesbian, Feminist, Non-Binary, Muslim, Christian, College Degree Holder

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
does not work that way, europeans and asians don't even do that, that's why they had 2 world wars. we saw germany do a takeover and japan follow right behind them

you need to understand this new world social categorization is new and that's doesn't transcend or exceed 2 millenia of customs that were already established.
I understand it but just like us African Americans created and embraced black power and pride they can too.

It doesn’t matter what Europeans and Asians do because their not hater like us for their skin. Like I said in a earlier post if they can embrace and enjoy shyt from the modern world, then they they can adopt the concept of blackness

the modern world

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I understand it but just like us African Americans created and embraced black power and pride they can too.

It doesn’t matter what Europeans and Asians do because their not hater like us for their skin. Like I said in a earlier post if they can embrace and enjoy shyt from the modern world, then they they can adopt the concept of blackness

the modern world
again you fail to understand what certain african cultures ential. Identifying as "black" does not exist for some of them and is relatively new thing and does not proceed what they have already established themselves

to quote one of my boys "why would I call myself black when that's not what we call ourselves, only an animal accepts the name it was given to by another human being. Because the white man says we're 'black' I have to accept that, it will never happen"

it really doesn't work that way, I don't think you understand the elements at play here

you keep saying black pride but they don't see themselves as black because to them black is literally just a color and entials nothing about one's ethnicity or cultural origins. now if you have said african or habesha you might have been on to something

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
- Ethiopia and Eritrea fought a nasty war for years, finally got some leaders who decided to squash it, and one of them got a Nobel Peace Prize.
- Ethiopia decided to build a dam on their branch of the Nile, infuriating Sudan and Egypt downstream who feel entitled to the water for their own uses...even though they're downstream. Egypt in particular swore there would be problems - read, intel operations to destabilize the country - if the project continued.
- Ethiopia's current leader defeated the previous regime(largely made up of Tigray people) to be come leader; that previous regime had been in place during the wars with Eritrea.
- As the previous regime, the Tigray people in question had friendly relations with Egypt and other Arab nations, and they still have access to arms from those sources.
- The dam in Ethiopia gets finished, and like clockwork there's a Tigray attack that pops off that's meant to destabilize the current leader and his government.
- Current leader teams up with Eritrean leader(keep in mind the Eritreans remember the war and who drove it for all those years) and go in to teach the Tigray a thing or three. Atrocities reportedly follow, fingers get pointed, the usual. It also doesn't help that the Tigray home area is in a part of Ethiopia that shares a border with Eritrea.

All because Ethiopia dares to want to better itself, husband a natural resource and learn to feed itself...and a past regime is being gassed up to take power back.

when you say defeated, you mean in an election?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One tribe held power in the government/Ethiopia since some sort of war decades ago.

A new Ethiopian President came to power. He’s from a different tribe. He expelled most of the previous tribe from various government positions.

The previous tribe said fukk this country, went back to their region in the western part of Ethiopia and tried to set up a new government.

They tried to steal weapons from an army base to fight the Ethiopian government.

The Ethiopian government started bombing the fukk out of them which caused people in that area to start fleeing to Sudan and Eritrea. Sh*t been hot ever since. That’s all I can remember from it :yeshrug:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Black people are not gonna claim "blackness" until a black nation somewhere on Earth becomes a world power, then everyone will claim blackness...... Same way gay blacks & feminists put their sexuality above their race - because "blackness" is weak right now.

Everyone knows about "blackness" but whats the motivation to embrace it? Is there any jobs? Any opportunities?

Until it becomes beneficial, everyone will continue to play stupid.

Black people kinda have a trans-gender mentality.... everyone on Earth sees "blackness" but we just choose to identify with whatever we feel like... Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Gay, Lesbian, Feminist, Non-Binary, Muslim, Christian, College Degree Holder
The same motivation African Americans used to embrace and love our blackness , survival and necessity. It’s the greatest drive a human can have.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
again you fail to understand what certain african cultures ential. Identifying as "black" does not exist for some of them and is relatively new thing and does not proceed what they have already established themselves

to quote one of my boys "why would I call myself black when that's not what we call ourselves, only an animal accepts the name it was given to by another human being. Because the white man says we're 'black' I have to accept that, it will never happen"

it really doesn't work that way, I don't think you understand the elements at play here

you keep saying black pride but they don't see themselves as black because to them black is literally just a color and entials nothing about one's ethnicity or cultural origins. now if you have said african or habesha you might have been on to something
Stop saying I don’t understand it:stopitslime: I understand exactly the point you and your boy are trying to make and I don’t agree with it, I think it’s stupid :yeshrug:

y’all are playing ignorant, the world constantly changes and you adapt or die:ufdup: y’all asses are black

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Stop saying I don’t understand it:stopitslime: I understand exactly the point you and your boy are trying to make and I don’t agree with it, I think it’s stupid :yeshrug:

y’all are playing ignorant, the world constantly changes and you adapt or die:ufdup: y’all asses are black

again the rest of world isn't america, stop using american customs to dictate other actions, you keep saying you understand but if you did you would understand that part very well

just because europeans came to the continent and said you are X doesn't mean the inhabitants of said region are going to adopt to what someone else ascribes them, people didn't call themselves black then so why would they now? you would have a much more sound argument if you said African in fact I've told folks you have better chance of ditching word black and replacing it with african and shyt will click faster

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
It doesn’t matter who created it or how new the concept is, all them motherfukkers drive cars and have smart phones right:jbhmm: so, if they can adopt new things like this, why not the power of their blackness
Wtf does "power of blackness" mean specifically???

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
They are killing civilians,I take issue with that
I know it happens in all wars,but from what I have seen . they're OD'ing
They're doing that because the Ethopians don't know how to fight The Tigrayans were the warrior class.