WWE has a big problem going forward

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
:beli: These Hell in a Cell matches are pointless anymore. We know nothing "dangerous" or even edgy is going to happen in the PG-era, and yet they show clips of Foley, HBK, HHH and all the other HIAC matches to try and hype the upcoming match. Problem is, these matches fall FLAT b/c they feature nothing in comparison. Those matches all had an identity, these new ones just blur all together.

The Cell doesn't even really serve a role anymore. With no remote semblance of blood, what is dangerous about the cell? What running someone shoulder first into it and watching it give and absorb the impact? And what was the point of Cena/Orton being in a cell?

Even the Ambrose/Rollins spot, tho appreciated, was kinda lame. I mean in clear view we SAW them cleaning off the tables(why didnt they make sure this was completely done before the match) and making sure anything down to a piece of paper was gone. It really ruined the spot.

Not saying ppl need to do crazy stuff like Foley, but these type of matches are just way too clean nowadays to be believable.

Same with Extreme Rules. What's even remotely extreme about it? I'd rather just see a good wrestling match than a pointless/crappy gimmick match.

Just do away with these ideas already and let them be history.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree.. I just started back watching wrestling when Brock returned and you're right on the money.

The cell has become nothing more than a typical cage match renamed. 10 years ago, when a cell match was announced you just KNEW somebody was gon bleed and literally get destroyed.

I remember Taker/HBK, Taker/Mankind, Taker/Lesnar, HHH/HBK, etc cell matches and they BEAT the DOG shyt out each other. I remember a cell match that had like 6 n*ggas.. ALL 6 were destroyed and Rikishi fell onto a truck off the top

The cell has lost it's purpose in this PG era

Rollins/Ambrose had potential

Cena/Orton has been done in the cell... I'll go back and watch how they did previously in it

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The Hell In A Cell match used to be the end all be all of matches. It was the epic and brutal finale of a long epic feud.

When nikkas said they want you in the HIAC then you know shyt is about to get real..

It means you gonna get bloody and you bout to go all passion of the Christ on your opponent.

IMO the last good HIAC match that kept with the theme was with HBK and Triple H.

Tonight Dean and Rollins did what they could with the PG bullshyt..but they did try and keep true with the concept...

Now HIAC matches are nothing more then a regular ass cage match with steel chairs and tables :smh:

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WWE has had this problem for a while now. It is just another symptom of the overall sickness the company has. The flabby n sickness.

The question is how far are they gonna go with this way that they run their entire product before they have no choice but to change shyt up?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The Hell In A Cell match used to be the end all be all of matches. It was the epic and brutal finale of a long epic feud.

When nikkas said they want you in the HIAC then you know shyt is about to get real..

It means you gonna get bloody and you bout to go all passion of the Christ on your opponent.

IMO the last good HIAC match that kept with the theme was with HBK and Triple H.

Tonight Dean and Rollins did what they could with the PG bullshyt..but they did try and keep true with the concept...

Now HIAC matches are nothing more then a regular ass cage match with steel chairs and tables :smh:

Exactly.

Remember when that cell would lower, they would show it coming down and that ominous pre-match music would play. You KNEW it was about to get real.

off topic: but I still remember where i sitting at home and what I was eating when I watched Foley go flying off that cage. :wow:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Long winded post about to come. I've been watching since 1998-1999. Hell in a cell was meant to be a violent and bloody end to a feud. Think HBK vs HHH or HHH vs Batista (one of my personal favorites) or undertaker vs brock. You knew you would see something violent and/or wild. PG does not allow that sadly. Guys have to get real creative, and you need a great commentary team to sell it (having the WOAT commentary team hurts everything so badly. Listen to how they butchered HBK's final match when Jim Ross could have made it a masterpiece). Another huge issue for me is how every pay per view event is set up. In 2009, they ditched so many b level shows that year and in 2008 began making the elimination chamber a February event. We saw in the spring/summer judgment day turn into extreme rules which was unneeded. Unforgiven turned into breaking point which was not needed. Armageddon was a great name and fit in my opinion and being random gave a lot to when you saw a tlc match. Hell in a cell was the most extreme example though. That match is meant to be a violent and bloody end to a feud, and nothing less. By forcing it into a certain month, you shoehorn feuds into that event, and thus into the match. Matches that do not need or deserve it or are not ready for it get it. This hurts both the feud and the match type. Feuds are supposed to end after that match. Imagine if HBK vs HHH or HHH vs Batista or Taker vs Brock continued after that match, or if brock and taker had a second one at no mercy 2003, just a year after their previous bloodbath simply because they had a ppv match in october (no two men should ever face off in a second cell match either for that matter). It is foolish in the short and long term to make a match like this have a set date every year. The elimination chamber match works in this manner because it was always about the title or being the contender for it and that is the selling point. This pay per view needs to be scrapped because one of their biggest match draws becomes more and more irrelevant every year under this model. For that reason I doubt they would get rid of it though.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
basically y'all miss the blood
It's one of many things we miss. We can do without it if the product as a whole is good, but it is trash. I'm 25 now. Been a fan since I was 9. I can't convince myself to watch nowadays. This makes me very sad. I know some of my best friends through watching the sport and none of us can enjoy it anymore

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Pg guys are much more talented than Attitude Era guys..that's the board gimmick. So what went wrong with these "superior workers"? Lol. Always the excuses.

Crown Bearer

heavy is the head...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn, word to @DPresidential
One of the worst ideas they ever came up with was gimmick ppvs. It's just lazy. Instead of developing storylines and feuds that would get fans interested, they just rely on the shock value and history of the gimmicks. Problem is not only are people desensitized to them, they've taken away everything that made them special in the first place. All of them (with the exception of MITB, and even that can go now that there's one champ) need to go. What's crazy is they have all these gimmick ppvs, and the one they should've kept a gimmick (Survivor Series) they threw in the bushes.