WWE Releases 10-15 Staffers Including Tony Chimel & Director of Venue Merchandise

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Source: WWE Releases Upwards Of 15 Employees

Several WWE employees were reportedly let go this past Friday, most working behind the scenes in Stamford, CT.

According to PWInsider, WWE terminated 10-15 staffers according to company sources. The most well known name is former ring announcer Tony Chimel, who has worked as a production manager in recent years. Chimel has been with the company since 1991.

Another name that shocked many was Derek Casselman, who served as the Director of Venue Merchandise Remote Operations at the company. He was employed in WWE since 1993.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, WWE has furloughed and release dozens of backstage employees from several lines of business.

From the looks of it, WWE must not be planning to travel even post-vaccine since both Chimel and Casselman were fairly important parts of their live event operation.

White City Black

Weed, Rocks, Blow
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Source: WWE Releases Upwards Of 15 Employees

From the looks of it, WWE must not be planning to travel even post-vaccine since both Chimel and Casselman were fairly important parts of their live event operation.

One of these so-called dirt sheets recently reported that a “source” of theirs told them WWE doesn’t plan on going back to Live Events until 2022. Confirmed of not that makes sense logically.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
One of these so-called dirt sheets recently reported that a “source” of theirs told them WWE doesn’t plan on going back to Live Events until 2022. Confirmed of not that makes sense logically.

Wouldn't shock me if the company, and the wrestlers as well, are saving a ton of money due to the pandemic with the lack of travel expenses.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Wouldn't shock me if the company, and the wrestlers as well, are saving a ton of money due to the pandemic with the lack of travel expenses.

Probably for the wrestlers, pre-pandemic the company still paid for flights so they might still be shelling out money for people who don't live in driving distance.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The company is reporting record revenues without traveling. I'm sure after crunching the numbers they was like wtf we still doing live events for.

They will still do weekly TV and PPVs with live gates where the gate is important but why do a show with 2500 people.

I don't necessarily think it will be better for the talent money wise lol.

White City Black

Weed, Rocks, Blow
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
The company is reporting record revenues without traveling. I'm sure after crunching the numbers they was like wtf we still doing live events for.

They will still do weekly TV and PPVs with live gates where the gate is important but why do a show with 2500 people.

That might be the trade off tho. Everybody and their mama constantly complaining about the “grueling” road schedule, WWE needing to give the boys (and girls) a break here and there...’Rona came thru and forced Vince’s hand.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
With how they had the performance center setup, they could use that more often in the future for shows or just do a season of shows there and save on traveling. Or even the thunderdome if need be but that'll be tougher with Amway being used for other stuff. Would have to be from late summer until start of basketball season. But then again that depends on how we are looking next year as far as covid goes. They should definitely limit the house shows or alternate between the brands each weekend to give the wrestlers a break instead of them being out there wrestling so many times.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps

The house show business was on a decline. Vince is just too stubborn to change. Now he would have to answer to the shareholders if they started traveling again and lost money